Changing coolant

Currently reading:
Changing coolant

T

tulumBA

I am intend to change coolant in my BRAVO 1,2/2000. Yes, I allready reed the complet procedure in the service manual and I have clear picture, but I am so afraid to leave some traped air lock inside the system and in that case to damage engine. So I need your experience and advice regarding this issue... What I must to do, and what I must not to do? Thank you for any coments and sugestions.

It's not that hard, but a way to make it easier is to pre mix and pre measure your new fluid. Then you know the system has ingested the right volume.

Fill very slowly, stopping to squeeze the hoses frequently. When you drained it you should have removed all the bleed screws to ensure thorough draining. Only replace these as each bleed point leaks new coolant upon refilling. It is also important to have the heater dial turned to hot, so coolant can flow into the heater.

Last time I did it on my 1.4 I found I couldn't get the 1/2 litre in, so I ran the engine with the expansion bottle cap loose for a SHORT PERIOD, and that finished the job - except for the very last step, which is let the engine reach operating temp, then totally cool, check and top up expansion bottle to max.