General Changing cassette player

Currently reading:
General Changing cassette player

nallatt

I recently bought my first car, a punto 03 plate, and as a 17 year old boy - - i do not want a cassette player.

I want to change it for a radio with an aux input, I'm not too bothered about having a CD player - if it does then bonus!

I have bought a fascia and it should be arriving in the next couple of days,

anyone know if this fascia;

ebay.co.uk/itm/like/FIAT-PUNTO-1999-2005-CD-RADIO-STEREO-FACIA-FASCIA-ADAPTOR-FITTING-KIT-PLATE-TRIM
And this radio;

ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Car-Radio-Stereo-Head-Unit-Player-In-dash-MP3-USB-SD-AUX-IN-FM-IPod-UK

will plug into my punto, also - will i need a new adapter, rather than the one that comes with the fascia, for the radio.

If i will need new adapters, please can you help??

If i need a different radio or fascia, please help!

My car currently has this;

ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Punto-Blaupunkt-car-radio-stereo-Cassette-player-98-2003

I can,

The fascia;

The radio;

and what is currently in;

Thank you for your help,

I just went to order that radio and they've sold out!

Would either of these be suitable?

162050645116 OR 271683563122

Thank you again

how to i get the adapter to fit the plug in from the radio though? because it looks like they are different sizes?

Sorry I didn't look at them in detail, you'd need to do some manual cable splicing. The plug shown plugs into the back of the unit, then the bare wire ends will need to be connected to the wiring harness (by chopping the end off and soldering them together).

Probably not the best option :) Try and find one which has an ISO wiring harness.

No, it's very unlikely that those cheap, Chinese stereos will use a standard connector on the rear. Just spend a little more on something like a Kenwood or JVC which will be pre-wired.

ps. You now have 5 posts so should be able to post proper links :)

Back