Changing cars mid policy?

Currently reading:
Changing cars mid policy?

I might be swapping cars in the next few months but my insurance isn't due until May, I understand my insurance company will charge me an admin fee (probably) and make amendments to the cost depending on the car I'm changing too.
What I want to know is what happens to my current NCB, I'm building up my first years NCB at the moment, if I swap cars will it be affected or come May will I still get my years no claims (assuming I'm accident free between then and now).

Thanks

It shouldn't make any difference to ncb, I'm also actually getting a refund on my premium when I get my 500 (changing from a V6 Hyundai coupe).

As others have said, the NCD will continue and be granted upon renewal in May.

Ncb stays as is, yust be warned, as when they add there rip off fees and so on, its was better for me when i swopt cars to cancel and start again.
Luigi

Shouldn't go with brokers who apply rip off admin costs then. I'm surprised you don't get mugged off for cancellation also :confused:

Thanks for info guys, I rang them today and they said I can make changes to my policy online, deciding this is a lot easier just to check if they'll insure the car I might be changing too and what price it'll be (I pay monthly so I assume they'll give me a new monthly payment?)
I think they charge an admin fee for policy changes which is up to £75?

Anyway thank again for the help :)

When i changed from my old mk2 Punto to the active sport mk2b Punto
There was a £15 Admin charge + change in price due to value/insurance group

i argued that it was the same Engine and gearbox, but going from a Group 4 to a group 17 apprently - joke is renewal is 10x cheaper (Robbin gets!)

Ziggy

Not sure if its worth starting a new thread, I am soon going to be test driving the car that I'm changing my policy over too, since my insurance is third party I will need insurance on the car I'm test driving, I'm 18 and although its possible to get temporary cover its certainly not cheap, £120 for a days insurance isn't a friendly price.
Anyway I was wondering if I could add that car to my policy as a second car for the day and then remove it? Is that possible? Or if you add a car to your policy does it generally have to be for a few months or so? I'm not sure it'll even be cheaper but its worth a shot?

Not sure if its worth starting a new thread, I am soon going to be test driving the car that I'm changing my policy over too, since my insurance is third party I will need insurance on the car I'm test driving, I'm 18 and although its possible to get temporary cover its certainly not cheap, £120 for a days insurance isn't a friendly price.
Anyway I was wondering if I could add that car to my policy as a second car for the day and then remove it? Is that possible? Or if you add a car to your policy does it generally have to be for a few months or so? I'm not sure it'll even be cheaper but its worth a shot?

Best thing to do is call your insurance co and ask. I take it you're buying privatly then :confused:

Give it a nice good drive then - make sure you get it hot and test everything
(except airbags by hitting a wall ;))

But it is possible to add 2nd temporary drivers to policy's so why not add a 2nd car temporary - be aware you will end up paying an admin charge

Ziggy
Will test it proper, I forgot about the admin charge, it could work out more in that case, I'll give them a ring Monday and see what they say.

Back