Technical Changing battery in stop/start 1.3 multijet 500L

Currently reading:
Technical Changing battery in stop/start 1.3 multijet 500L

Gavlarack

Hi, I have owned my 500L for about 2 months, due to not driving much during lockdown the original battery does not now hold charge. Ordered a replacement that comes today. Seems really expensive to get someone else to fit it. Was going to fit it myself the old fashioned way of straight swap. Has anyone done this? And what problem could it cause? Thanks

Hi, I have owned my 500L for about 2 months, due to not driving much during lockdown the original battery does not now hold charge. Ordered a replacement that comes today. Seems really expensive to get someone else to fit it. Was going to fit it myself the old fashioned way of straight swap. Has anyone done this? And what problem could it cause? Thanks

Hi :)

Not too complicated..

Let us know if you want guidance :)

I haven't done it. Think it might be best to just let a professional do it rather than mess around with a power memory saver.

Hi I needed to charge our cars battery after its visit to accident repair canter all I can add to what is said is that the battery is a tight fit and I had to remove two screws on the radiator header tank to get wiggle room. Otherwise no issue from taking the battery out of the car.

I did it lately and it went well. the clock is reset and trip info but not a big issue for me personally. if you have a small 12V battery or jump starter kit to plug in the 12v socket that would help keeping those things. but yeah no big deal.

I did it myself in the end. Was taking ages for people to get back to me and when they did the availability was days for mobile fitting so didn't get a price.

Back