Technical changing a cambelt on 2009 panda 100hp

Currently reading:
Technical changing a cambelt on 2009 panda 100hp

hiya just woundering if anyone has changed the cambelt on a 2009 panda 100hp?
also is it worth changing the water pump.

wanting to know how difficult it is and what you will need to do this any spesific tools?

thanks mark

I was considering doing this job myself which would have included making some tools to get pistons 1 & 2 in the correct position and also a tool to lock the camshafts. However, I got a price of "about £265" from Neil at NSB Auto Services so have booked it in with him. It's about three hours labour so I think that £265 including the parts is a very fair price. It will save me some stress and it probably would have rained on the day(s) I did the job on my drive. I like a challenge but the easy option is sometimes more attractive!

Changing the 100HP cam belt is easy. you will need the cam locks and the crank lock. HOWEVER, the book method also needs a cam wheel holding tool as the belt has to be fitted with the cam wheel free to turn. You need the cam wheel holder for loosening and torquing up the centre bolt.

I had no holding tool and needed to use the car so did mine with white paint marks on the cam pulley. The crank and cam were locked while fitting the belt. But the cam lock was removed before doing the belt tension. This allows the belt to tension correctly. The paint marks tell you if the belt moves the timing. It usually shifts by one tooth. Just slacken and refit the belt but set the cam out of phase by one tooth. Tensioning then pulls into the correct alignment. This works fine if nothing else is touched.

Back