Technical Centre brake light stuck on all the time

Currently reading:
Technical Centre brake light stuck on all the time

owen1107

hi firstly hi to all very new to this site
i have just purchased a grande punto 1.2 2006 (56) found the centre brake light not working so looked into it a bit and found it was disconected so i connected it up and it came on only about 4 of the leds rest blown thi s was with out pressing brake pedal when pressing the brake pedal the two lower ones work fine was wondering if any one knows of a fault or can point me in right direction many thanks :cool:

Hmm, sounds like short somewhere. Just hope it isn't the body computer!

Do you have access to a multimeter?
hi yes i do i have checked the earth to body in boot also checked for wire breaks in tailgate the 2 other brake lights work fine as you would expect just the centre one is on all the time even with out the key in any ideas many thanks

hi yes i do i have checked the earth to body in boot also checked for wire breaks in tailgate the 2 other brake lights work fine as you would expect just the centre one is on all the time even with out the key in any ideas many thanks
I think the central brake light is operated by the body computer (seem to remeber this from another post) so that might explain why the issue isn't affecting the other lights. Is there any sign of water damage around the centre light or on the boot lid (a common problem)?

Did you buy the car from a dealer or private? If bought from the trade I'd take it back and tell them to fix it - they have sold you a car which isn't strictly roadworthy.

I think the central brake light is operated by the body computer (seem to remeber this from another post) so that might explain why the issue isn't affecting the other lights. Is there any sign of water damage around the centre light or on the boot lid (a common problem)?

Did you buy the car from a dealer or private? If bought from the trade I'd take it back and tell them to fix it - they have sold you a car which isn't strictly roadworthy.
hi no it was brought private and the centre brake light way disconnected on sign of water damage at all boot bone dry and every where else is is there any way of checking this out on the cheap as sound like it could be a expensive job take it you can not fit a boby computer out of a breaker as think they might be coded is there an easy fix i.e cut wire and run one from the other brake lights problem with that is light still on dash board ?

Back