Technical Central Locking problems

Currently reading:
Technical Central Locking problems

goldfish

Hello

My Punto (Greta VI) M reg has developed a problem with her central locking.
It don't work.
If I remove the fuse and put it back in (I assume reseting the system) it works again but only for 7 times...
ie Lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock, WON'T LOCK - well will lock but only the door I am operating the lock on the rest stay unlocked.

Everytime on the 7th activation it stops working.

And I reckon it sometimes unlocks its self - so I'm keeping the fuse out for now.

Anyone else had this?

will take to the garage if none of you guys know but can't really afford it

I've got to say I've only had here a few weeks and she's great - my first car (Greta I) was a Fiat 127 - she was great to - rusted a bit though

Hi welcome to the forum:)

does it work if you open with the pasenger door, is it four door if so try slamming the back doors a few times and pulling the buttons up and down by hand, mine was dogy when i got it i think because the back doors had not been used much after a while of kids slamming the back doors it worked fine,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

Seen it once before, car unlocked it's self and intermittant not locking / unlocking. Changing drivers door locking actuator / motor cured problem for me. [?]

Thanks Dave & Smokey,
It is a four door and I will try the slamming and manual operation (when it stops raining).
Thanks again :D

Back