Technical Center console leds - working in specific scenarios

Currently reading:
Technical Center console leds - working in specific scenarios

Zai

Hey guys
Since I've purchased my Punto 2 FL I had some issues that were not "resolved".
So just quick FYI. The car from the start had the center console without any light (so no light on the CITY, or electric windshield buttons etc - fans temp, and speed are ok).
The car also came with a Blaupunkt CD player (the fabric one) - and since it didn't have MP3 player nor I could get it to shut down when I turn the ignition off(despite meddling with the setup ignition to 0) - I decided to get an Alpine CDE-111r player.
Now I had to use a fuse splitter to get power for the radio (connected to the lighter) - suddenly the center console started to work (the light I mean). It would be A Win/Win scenario, but Alpine radio did cause a huge energy drain - almost 0,1A...So I decided to swap back to the old radio. And the center console went dark again...
I did try to check the fuses next to the steering wheel - everything seems fine...Tried to repeat the same steps with Blaupunkt - no luck.
Any idea what may cause this and how to fix it? Not sure what powering Radio through Cigarette Lighter had to do with this...

Back