CD Player

Currently reading:
CD Player

ian...

I have a 97 Cinq Sporting and it is fitted with an Alpine CD Player. When the CD Player is in the car, the battery will not hold charge for more than 2 days, but when the unit is removed, there are no problems. The unit has been back to Alpine in MK to be tested and they can not find a fault with it. They state that it is not drawing any more amps than it should be. I have spoken with my local garage who state that the ISO lead on a Fiat is slightly different to a standard ISO lead. They add that the live and permanent live leads are different. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Yes but i dont believe that this would cause a problem. I know it may sound stupid but you do know that it is not wired to the ignition so you have to turn off the CD player manually. Im sure somebody may be able to help you more i have heard of this before but cant for the life of me think of the solution.

The unit has to be manually turned off or take the front panel off. I have asked people how I can make the unit turn off with the ignition, but have had no joy. I have put the standard Philips tape player back in for the time being.

Have a search in the guides section and i know that this has been discussed quite a lot in the stilo section. I personally havnt done it because im fine with a permanant live, but im pretty sure that you just tap a wire from the ignition and connect to to either the red or yellow most likely yellow on the HU

when they say that the live and igntion feed are different in fiats they mean they are switched

this is the case in most car manfacturers as they cant decide where to place them within the ISO block, no idea why tho

im recalling from memory so im not 100% but i think the ignition feed takes a bigger feed than the live, learnt this due to different fuses being used in the wiring

(i can check for you tomorrow in work if you want)

but if they are wired the wrong way then your presets would be lost every time you switched the car off as you would loose the live feed as it would be wired to the ignition. the only thing i can think off is that your wires are the wrong way about meaning your stereo is constantly draining more power from the battery because it is wired to the ignition feed and not the live

Last edited:
***THE FIX***

What i did on my punto was run a wire from the service fuse in the fuse box (the 1 just right of the streering wheel) to the red wire on the streo this sorted the problem out nicely :D

or

Before i did that i got a littel switch and cut the red wire on the ISO lume and wired the switch in works 2

Option 2 is better if you wont listen to your streo with out the engine running as the key is in the running postion all the car is live and has a big draw on the battery

Hope This Helps Tom

Thanks for that, i will have a look and see what i can do. For info, the unit does not lose any presets when the front is taken off or the unit is turned off. Just a Fiat thing i suppose....

Back