Technical cd player sticking

Currently reading:
Technical cd player sticking

minnnt

Black GP Sporting
took the car to the dealers today to get the lock changed so i could open the drivers door, all done, great service, really nice woman who dealt with me... (in a non pervy way ;) ) anyway, noticed that my cd player has started to stick and sometimes stop all together and just switch to the radio. then it won't let me remove the cd and displays 'no source available'

anyone have any ideas? cheers guys. :D

took the car to the dealers today to get the lock changed so i could open the drivers door, all done, great service, really nice woman who dealt with me... (in a non pervy way ;) ) anyway, noticed that my cd player has started to stick and sometimes stop all together and just switch to the radio. then it won't let me remove the cd and displays 'no source available'

anyone have any ideas? cheers guys. :D

mine does that (I'm currently just using the media player) If you try putting another CD in (obviously wont go in, but give it a stab) then press eject again, your stuck CD should come out! mines gonna be sorted at the first service, be aware though that the CD player only has a one year warrenty....

lol, yeah i have been stabbing it with another cd, it just comes out then no problems at all. its as if its getting too hot and cutting out, but then it won't let you access the cd part of it again. think i am going to give it a whirl with the dealers and see what they say. :)

Hi everyone

Really good forum you have here!

I've just bought an 07 1.4 16v Sporting (Love it btw!) and I've had the above problem a couple of times. Just wondered if anyone still has this problem from time to time and if it gets any worse? As mine's over a year old I doubt the dealer will be interested in swapping the unit.

Both times mine has done it has been with a CD containing MP3 files. I wondered if it was coming across a dodgy filename or something, getting confused and then shutting down the CD player function. Even if this is the case I would have expected the unit to still eject the CD straight away.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Last edited:
had that problem.sorted out myself.the cd player has a small hidden button in the area were the cd is inserted.it is located to the left side inside the cd player.not to inside.if you push it the cd will eject. mine had a problem with the heat,because here it is 365 days of hot. i don;t know the exact words to help you further.

Thanks guys,

I thought the Stereo was only covered for one year?

I'll have a look for the button, is this some kind of emergency eject?

I'll also give the dealer a ring and sound them out.

Cheers for the help.

exactly.it is an emergency eject.it also does a reset to the software of the cd.

Might try my luck at the dealers anyway, they may help me as a good-will gesture...probably not get my hopes up though.

If it is just a 'glitch' rather than a mechanical problem the emergency eject/reset might do the trick. I don't mind too much, as long as it doesn't do it ALL the time :confused:

Thanks again for the advice.

Last edited:
Back