General Cd player - punto mk2.5

Currently reading:
General Cd player - punto mk2.5

DaDudee

just fitted the connection to the back of the cd player, the cd buttton brings the cd out but when i try to turn it on it wont power on, tried engine running, still not?its a sony one.. i press the off button and keep hold of it till it turns on in my old car but this time nothing . can anyone tell me what they think is wrong plz.

Missing/incorrectly wired connections for ignition power-on, remote wires etc? As in the wires that won't let the head unit turn on without the ignition on. (are you on about a head unit or like an external CD changer?) My custom head unit didn't need those and will start regardless of the ignition (it also keeps running when you're starting the engine... oh well)
You could try posting in the I.C.E. section and probably get a good response, I'm not sure what I'm on about really. :)

it is a headunit. i just took the factory radio out, used the adaptor wire that i used with my old car and they connected, only thing that works is the eject button, wont power on with ignition on/off. i guess i need a different adaptor or i need to start changing something with the wires? :confused:

Back