cd player help

Currently reading:
cd player help

nickphonics18

just removed my standard player and put in my cd player its fine but every time you turn the engine off it restarts the cd back at track 1....why is this? it should continue where it was..

help! i still dont know what im doing! i had a look today and there are no loose wires. it resets the clock and cd goes back to start when turn ignition off. but it saves of the bass treble settings and radio presets... this is what my wires look like....

If its like my Alpine the feeds are seperate cables thick red and yellow cable doesnt go into the main wiring loom as such.

I just got it...its a pug 206....(i know im on a fiat forum but i still have the punto at the mo :p)
yeah its a fairly recent blaupunkt mp3 cd player....how could you tell just from the back pic! haha!!

the wires you see in the pic are all that are there. obviously the white plug is the speakers and wires in yellow plug is the remote control i think to standard player.

no the clock on cd player resets not the car clock :)

nickphonics18 said:
it resets the clock and cd goes back to start when turn ignition off. but it saves of the bass treble settings and radio presets...
Sounds like the permanent live feed is missing. Or the unit is faulty.

the extra sert of connectors with multi coloured blocks is a blaupunkt thing i think. on the punto mk2 the yellow block is used to check the security code of original radio and when you put in after market one you do not connect them wires up. also had feeling it wasnt fiat going by wire colors.

does yoru standard radio have a wiring diagram on it if so try and comapre it with one wich should be in back of car stereo manual make sure the permanet live and switchable live are macthed up.

but first give it atry with yellow plug removed. i know in unto if you put yellow plug in aftermarket one wierd things happen with sound when engine on.

Back