General CD MP3 player

Currently reading:
General CD MP3 player

Im one of the lucky ones that opted for the cd/mp3 player insted of the cassette, ive got a fault appearing on the machine which occurs everynow and then, (just happened again this evening), the player totally locks up even when ignition is off its still lite up with nothing on the desplay. The only way to turn it off is to remove the fuse for about 30 seconds and then allow it to reboot. Does anyone know if there is a software update for the player on an 03 active 1.6. Its driving me nuts, as it usually happens when im running late for work and the last thing i want is the battery dead because of this when i return as it wont shut off. Ive had a search and cant find anything on this. The fault seems to be completly random, its happened when listening to normal cds, radio and mp3s so i cant rule out poor quality cds causing the problem.
Thanks for any advice / help
roy

Had a very similar problem with my CD player, it would lock up, and turning it off would leave "CD ERROR ££" written on the screen but would just turn off the lighting. The only way to reboot it was to turn the ignition off and leave it.

The issue was the CD loading mechanism, and bad CD's were causing faults. I cleaned the lens, which helped, but the actual mechanism is broken so it is still a bit picky.

The units are not updateable to my knowledge.

Hi Everyone,

Does anybody know if you can make the CD player play a CD full of MP3 files. Mine has a standard fitted fiat CD/Radio unit with no multichanger?

Thanks andychat..........:confused:

Hi Everyone,

Does anybody know if you can make the CD player play a CD full of MP3 files. Mine has a standard fitted fiat CD/Radio unit with no multichanger?

Thanks andychat..........:confused:

Not without replacing it with the CD/MP3 player, which is/was a factory optional upgrade.

The standard one will only play CDs. You should be able to buy the Fiat CD/MP3 player from Fiat (or find one on Ebay) and just swap the unit out, or you could go and get a branded CD/MP3 player from the shop of your choice and get a new facia to fit.

I have the same problem, sometimes it really scares me off that there will be scratches in the cd, but it hasn't happen yet

About the MP3 player, it's a really sucky one imho.
I had mp3 cds burned with the inbuild Windows cd-write program (through explorer) and he couldn't read it, something I had to discover by myself cause nobody could helped me out.

And then when it (finally) read my cds I've remarked that it hasn't a "inbuild memory" to keep the time stamp, this is what I mean:
I put a cd in my mp3 player, with 4 songs, each song's time is 2hours (all my mp3 cds are like this).
Song nr2 is playing, and I'm around 30minutes, I switch the engine off, restart the engine and what happens... the cd starts song nr2 at 0.00 (n)

If I would have know this I would probably let the radio placement in the car empty and bought a new MP3 player like pioneer or something like this.

Last edited:
Back