Technical CD Head Unit Wiring Issue

Currently reading:
Technical CD Head Unit Wiring Issue

Fordy_C

Hi people. I've fitted a Sony CD head unit to my daughters seicento sporting due to the demise of the previous player. I have some snags with the wiring that I hope i can get some help with. There appears to be 4 connections on the power plug from the car that seem to be:

Red - permanent supply
Red/green - permanent supply
Blue - switched power supply
Black - chassis

I have wired the head unit so that the unit receives a switched supply, a permanent supply and a chassis connection. It din't work!

I then changed the switched supply to the other permanet supply and all worked OK except the unit doesn't switch off when the key is taked out.

I checked the blue cable and there was no power on it. I checked the fuse (22) and all seemed ok. There was power to the fuse and I had continuity to the blue connection but when I put the fuse in I don't get any supply still?

Very bizarre I think.

Anyone any ideas?

dont use naff plugs with a cento my friend ,

cut the plug off so you have just wires,then solder the wires together,or tape them,if you want your cd player to go on and off with ignition ,you need to find out which wire on your car is the ignition live wire,and wire it to it,

my headunit ,doesnt come on with ignition ,i think its better like that,because you can leave your friends in the car listening to music,and not have to leave the keys with them

I personally think its far better to switch it off yourself, theres nothing more annoying than pulling up for a bit, turning off the engine and killing the music.

ISO connectors are fantastic in relation to the problems you get with them, the convenience far outweighs the problems!

Soldered connections are a PITA, and if someone wants to steal my stereo, (happened in the Sei once before) if they are soldered, i have and horrible wiring mess to tidy up!

I'll have a check on my wiring if you need, but mine doesn't turn off with the ignition.

Kristian

I think there is a problem with some of the Seicento wiring looms regarding the switched live. My 2001 Schuey has the same fault where as the system is permenantly on. There are 2 fuses. F15 feeds Red and Red/Green. F22 feeds Light Blue/White feeding instrument panel and indicators, also changes to light blue feeding the radio. ( swithed +V. According to drawing.)

i have a standard fit fiat job in my car and yes the stereo stays on even after the key is out

iso blocks are deisigned so that your cd player can be plug and play,however as you and the rest of us have a fiat,there are problems with them,

for instance,when i wired up my cd player it woldnt allow me to use an iso block because to power the stereo i had to have my cd player's 12v wire connected to the yellow and red wire on the cinq loom,

hard wiring a stereo is not hard,its really easy,as long as you have the wiring diagram for your stereo,which is usually a big sticker attached to it,easy.

if you have problems just cut the plugs and wire away

Totally agree with a few people, I much prefer to have the CD player on a permenent supply so I can choose when to switch it off!

DAN!

Why are you still here! GET OUT TO YOUR CAR AND FIT THOSE CALIBRA SEATS!

Back