Caught Speeding :(

Currently reading:
Caught Speeding :(

On me way home from Brighton last night or rather, this morning at about 0220. Had dropped my friend off, went for a buffet with the kids and rolled back home really late when all the Traffic would be gone.

BooooooTin' down the motorway and as i hit a bump my lights illuminate, in the distance, the wierdest looking BMW patrol car ever.

I continue on at about 90mph and notice one car maintaining a steady 70 or so about 80 yards behind the wierd BMW potrol car.

As I get close I realise its not a BMW its a Mercedes.

I continue on at about 85 cruising past the police car who maintained their position in the NSL. I continued down the centre until I pass some big trucks and then pulled into the NSL.

The police car overtook and pulled in behind me.

I maintained between 80 & 85 for about 10 miles. The police stayed right on me but maintained a large distance, at one point I thought they had left but they were still there.

I was just getting comfortable when all off a Sudden it got really bright and rave like behind me, I checked the mirror and it was really bright and rave like. The blue lights were on, getting flashed and it was time for me to pull over.

The sussex police officers introduced themselves. They were friendly, one male and one female officer who was a bit of o'right ;)

I was told they stopped me because of my speed. I replied I gathered, I know I was doing about 80 but its really empty and there is no one about.

Male officer goes ok so you know you were averaging about 80... were going to give you a breath test. Female officer goes to the car to retrieve the equipment and asks me if I've ever taken one before? I says no I have not. She then asked if I'd had any mints or mouthwash in the last 20 minutes. I said no.

She explained its a bit like blowing into a balloon. Just keep blowing for about 5 seconds.

She says when I'm ready blow. I blew for 3 seconds and the machine said ZERO.

She then started fillin out some paper and I was thinkin' if they fookin give me 3 points they are takin the ****!

They did not it was a STOP and SEARCH form.

Less then 45 mins later soon after I enter London I'm stopped again by a VAN this time. They thought they saw different colour head lamps as I passed them, but they are WHITE L.E.D's now but they appear a funny colour at distance and they were in my car looking for switches for like 5 minutes. They really didn't believe me that they were white and I wasn't trying to fool them, they were cool about it from the beginning, they just wanted to see how I done it. I didn't do anything :p Then they got called away and left :p

I got two souvineers from the sussex force. Police Men and Women (some) have common sense, Speed Cameras do not unless they are on fire.

Attachments

• Stop & Search blur.jpg
    Stop & Search blur.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 86

StevenRB45

Upstanding Member for Newcastle
could be worse....i was once pulled over well i'll quote exactly
police: do you know why you've been pulled over?
me: no
p: you were driving erratically
m: how?
p: your car swayed when you went around the corners back there

as far as i can tell i was pulled cos my old 55 had no anti roll bars!...they then spent 45 minutes at starting at 1am checking my paperwork, m.o.t. previous record, breathalysing me, then gave up and added insult to injury by asking me for a cigarette as a parting shot..

Last edited:
I once got pulled on the A40 on my bike, by a bike cop, for doing 60 in a 50 limit and the copper was nice as pie, "I like your bike" etc etc, and I start talking about bikes with him for about 5 minutes and I thought 'he's ok, he's just going to give me a warning' then he was just about to go and he says "oh I nearly forgot, here's your ticket"... 3 points and a fine...
B*stard.

I once got pulled on the A40 on my bike, by a bike cop, for doing 60 in a 50 limit and the copper was nice as pie, "I like your bike" etc etc, and I start talking about bikes with him for about 5 minutes and I thought 'he's ok, he's just going to give me a warning' then he was just about to go and he says "oh I nearly forgot, here's your ticket"... 3 points and a fine...
B*stard.

The nicest coppers are always the ones that hammer you :(

pandamonius_maximus

Chichi and Qing Qing
Well i think you were lucky there, although the police are generally good people. If your polite and appolagetic often they'll just warn you within reason. I was doing 38 in a 30 through swansea at night just for a short second because i hadnt realised i had gone over till i looked down at the speedo, and bingo, cop following right behind! Eeeeeek! :eek: I slowed down, and the cop just followed me for a minute and pulled me over. But he realised its late and the roads are empty and my car was all in order so he gave me a warning. He was more concerened that some stupid ****s (funny students) had decided to steel some roadwork signs/cones and close a road! I watch my speedo like a hawk now though. :eek: I love driving, and if i lost that, I wouldnt know what to do with myself. At the end of the day, a few minutes less off your driving time isnt worth your licence imo!
Glad you got off ok there though.
Cheers
Si

Venters

bairns, not bombs.
The nicest coppers are always the ones that hammer you :(

Really nice copper did me for no insurance when I was taking my grans car to my work for a service for her.

Other hand really arsey cop let me off with making a noise when I pulled out from infront of him with my exhaust being right in his vans face.
Of course I think he really did want to do me with something just thought better of it. :)

OxO

"continue on at about 85 cruising past the police car "

well if you do that your just asking to get bent over :bang:

then actually saying "I know I was doing about 80 but its really empty" is just like saying "hold up ill lube you up officer"

well now hopefully if you see a police car you'll slow down like normal people :p

FDF

Marea Scrappaged :(

then actually saying "I know I was doing about 80 but its really empty" is just like saying "hold up ill lube you up officer"

well now hopefully if you see a police car you'll slow down like normal people :p

Couldn't have said it better :cool:

OP
OP
Trancendental
Just hope they don't send you a ticket at a later date.....
This is the only thing I'm worried about.

You know how many times I hear police officers saying, people should use their common sense and judge the conditions and just because they are doing 70 doesn't mean people should queue up behind them?

Its not like I was the only car to go past him, there was a car in front of me that left me for dead, and the Trucks that we all over took later were no way doing their 56 MPH or what ever it is they are meant to do. More like 70.

I think they were more concerned with maybe I didn't notice them and because of that I might have been drunk.

I got pulled going through Salisbury. I came off a roundabout and was revving quite hard as I accelerated. I was doing 25mph when pulled. The copper told me I was speeding and to cool it. I told him he was wrong. He started having a go about me being a 'boy racer'. When I asked him why he said that, his only response was that I had aftermarket alloys on. This was around 3 am. I'd finished work and set out from Dorset heading to my parents in Leicestershire. I wasn't best pleased, as my boss, Mr. Miller, was in the car. Well, I say MR, actually CAPTAIN Miller. He had to stop me smacking the offending copper. I told him to get a life and he told me to get out of his sight. The only thing that's beat that on levels of annoyance was the police cars you see speeding up the motorway at 100+ with no blues on, and the pig (Thames Valley Police) I saw pulling out of Cherwell Valley services on his phone, no seatbelt, eating a mars bar! How I wis I was a rozzer sometimes...

faster4_tec

Burninator of threads!
I got followed by an unmarked omega @ 110/115 (real speed not fancy made up speedo speed) for around 2miles. as soon as they were behind me I knew who/what they were. but for somereason I didn't slow down, I get up my ignorance and kept going.

twas 'old volvo tub, at that point with NO EXHAUST ATALL. just engine> manifold>turbo>atomsphere.
hellish noisy, and the turbo was on its way out, sounded like someting from a scifi movie/madmax
I think they left me alone because they were maybe startled such a thing could make so much noise, or maybe just thought a 'yuouf driving a beaten up vovlo estate in faded pink with no exhaust and a nasty rusty roofrack was just not worth the paperwork :slayer:

"Driving erratically" translates to "we wanted to stop you but had to make up an excuse". They did this to pull me once in the Audi when it was few weeks old but strangely did not see the clapped out Nissan that nearly rammed me when it jumped a red light 2 minutes before. To the credit of Kent traffic police in that same Audi I did once pass a marked car when I had no idea of the speed I was doing as the instrument panel PCB had fractured, (no light in the binnacle) just after that I entered a lit section and was indicating 80 so given 10% etc I was maybe just over the speed where they could have been awkward.