Technical Catch Tank

Currently reading:
Technical Catch Tank

Standard maps are a compromise between many factors. These include power, economy, emissions, local fuel quality....even the weather! and they have to account for the longevity of and the tolerances in the various components found in the system. If you are seeing an increase in economy it will without doubt be at the expense of somthing else. Remember also the vast majority of buyers dont buy their cars based on the amount of power they put out nor do they want to increase it.

I stand by my earlier statement and ask you a question, if Fiat could instantly improve the economy of their vehicles and the resultant market appeal with a different map and still remain within the parameters dictated by and relating to the other factors in the mix without compromise............why dont they?

Will this increase in power/torque etc have any long term effect on the engine/transmission/other components when compared to an standard mapped version?.......you can guess and speculate but the hard fact of the matter is, until you get there, you simply dont know.

BTW......was it you who needed a new clutch a few months back??

Will this increase in power/torque etc have any long term effect on the engine/transmission/other components when compared to an standard mapped version?.......you can guess and speculate but the hard fact of the matter is, until you get there, you simply dont know.

BTW......was it you who needed a new clutch a few months back??

Thought I did but turns out i didn't, clutch went bang one day and stopped slipping. so not a power issue more of a fiat in their infinite wisdom issue.

The main reason (i think) that the Tjet and Mjet are mapped to 120 and 130 is to make them not have more power then the abarth 155 and the 180.
because they would not sell any if people could buy a cheaper version with the same or more power. the hole range has to fit in to place and not go up against each other in the same range.

Last edited:
Back