Technical catalytic converter change

Currently reading:
Technical catalytic converter change

jonyid

Hi all,
Before i start i have a 2002 mk2 1.2 8v

I need to replace my catalytic converter and found the following (manifold and converter integrated):

http://www.catalyticconvertershop.co.uk/catalytic_converters/FIAT_PUNTO/1528/details/

it has a free fitting kit and so was going to do it myself save paying for labour, can anyone provide me with a guide or send me a link to one on how to do this so i can occupy myself whilst the rents are away!

Thanks in advance

jack the front of the car up, undo the nuts that are on the studs protruding from the head and the 2 that are beneath the car that attach it to the centre section and it should just come out, they could well be rusted on so be patient to avoid shearing them off, then it's a case of locating the new one on the studs and tightening up the nuts.

not really alot to it, just crossed my mind you'll want to take the lambda sensors out too before taking it off :)

cheers mate but ive just got back from kwik fit and its the middle part of the exhaust that is blowing and will need replacing...they've quoted me £93.95 with a 3 year guarantee so gonna shop round

one thing i'd consider - depends how much of a clean freak you are really

But if the Cat ISN't painted ie its just bare metal

consider getting it covered in a VERY VERY high Temp paint
Such as BBQ paint or Woodstove paint

Stuff From halfords doesn't work - it just burns it off

As for changing - undo lamba's - undo center pipe - Remove Mani-Cat (thats what punto's have BTW) and refit in reverse, its quiet simple

Just Take care - some bolts may be Heat Shrunk tight - be careful as they may snap - or Round off due to rust

A good few treatments of Penatrating fluid might hlep too

ziggy

Back