cat replacement via an empty cat!!

Currently reading:
cat replacement via an empty cat!!

C

chris

one of my mates has taken the insides out of his CAT on his celica GT4 1990. he thinks his turbo spins up faster and his car runs better

What ya reckon?

Yup, its a common thing to do on GT4's. The cat is quite dire on them as its an early design. They have gotten better over the years.

Just remember its legal to do it on that car as its pre-1992. Also your car is probably not turbo'd :)

Re: Re: cat replacement via an empty cat!!

is an empty cat as good as a cat replacement pipe then? Might be cheaper to pick up a shagged cat than a pipe

Re: Re: Re: cat replacement via an empty cat!!

They are both just bits of pipe. Old cats are hard to find as scrappers make money recycling them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: cat replacement via an empty cat!!

will i get added BHP and fuel economy on my 115bhp honda do you think?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cat replacement via an empty cat!!

Maybe a little bit.

cat

hi all

my cat internals shattered and bunged the zorst up, so i took the whole lot out and it goes ten times better.
plus the benifit is that if you use an old cat shell the old bill cat tell that there is nothing inside and if you do get caught so what how were you to know its only tested once a year.
any way my 1.8 hlx has no cat internals and it passed its mot last week how lucky was that!!!

Re: cat

It would be impossible for you car to actually pass the MOT without a cat, the most likely thing was they didnt actually check your emmisions.

Daz

Re: Re: cat

why not have a custom tail pipe made up with the real exhaust exiting under the car but make it look like the it comes out the back, but have the tail pipe fake so that when they put the meter in it records next to nothing :-D

Re: Re: Re: cat

when your stuck in traffic though you'd probably get ill from carbon monoxide poising :(

Re: Re: Re: Re: cat

FYI, my HGT just passed MOT with a broken CAT at a main dealer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cat

Probably the measuring equipment wasnt working proberly.