General Cat pee smell from air vents

Currently reading:
General Cat pee smell from air vents

UBUYDVD

Hello

New to the form and driving for that matter.

My 2004 fiat Punto active seems to have this cat pee smell coming from the air vents. its there on hot and cold settings. Any ideas what could be causing it and any ideas on how to clean it or get rid of it ?

Thanks

Hello

New to the form and driving for that matter.

My 2004 fiat Punto active seems to have this cat pee smell coming from the air vents. its there on hot and cold settings. Any ideas what could be causing it and any ideas on how to clean it or get rid of it ?

Thanks

The air is coming from the vents in front of the windscreen. If you lift the bonnet you can clean that area out and remove the external causes. Mine gets full of all sorts of crud like bits of tree and what not.

It could be you windscreen washer fluid! I bought some from Asda and it smelt disgusting!
I bought some own brand from a supermarket recently, and its awful. Perhaps that what happens when they clean down the fish counter at the end of the night?

Hi UBUYDVD. If any of the brakes are binding you may get a smell of rotten eggs which could vent up into the cabin.Should this not be the case just ignore my observation.

If the heater matrix is leaking the coolant can smell quite unpleasant, so consider that especially if you are loosing coolant or it looks a bit rusty.
Coolant dont smell bad....

My vote is stale water in the scuttle pannel
A bacteria infected washer tank
Or the screenwash ur using stinks under the heat when left...

I found most smell really bad in summer.... so i just use water (more risk of a bacteria infection tho)

Ziggy

Coolant dont smell bad....

My vote is stale water in the scuttle pannel
A bacteria infected washer tank
Or the screenwash ur using stinks under the heat when left...

I found most smell really bad in summer.... so i just use water (more risk of a bacteria infection tho)

Ziggy
1 Day Ago 00:11

Is this you?

:bang:

I've had screen wash in the past stink like urine, usually happens if you mix different types of screen wash in the bottle when topping up with a different kind.

If clearing the scuttle of all the leaves, mud, moss, and dead things doesn't solve the issue then try emptying the screen wash flushing through with clean water, then top up with all new screen wash.

If you do have Aircon and the above doesn't work, then consider running an antibacterial aircon cleaner thought the system (following the instructions on the product)

Last edited:
check as ziggy says for stagnant water and or possibly a blocked pollen filter if it has one
make sure carpets arent wet too

Thanks for all the advise. I Believe it was the wiper fluid. I Give the car a right good clean, Inside and out and it was still there when when the engine heated up. I took the car to the garage the next day to get some work done to it the mechanic noticed the smell and replaced the wiper fluid. smell seems to be gone but my radiator and ani-roll bar have gone as well. :(

Back