cars got mind of its own (electrical)

Currently reading:
cars got mind of its own (electrical)

M

mg

wondering if someone with a bit of genius could help. when i put on dipped lights my wipers, my demister and heater fan all stop working . when i flash my lights same seems to happen. and throughout this my dipped light or flashers dont work, just stop everything else from working. any advice or what i should do next? (next resort probably give fiat my hard earned cash)

It sounds like a bad earth. I dont know where the earth points to check are on the bravo/a tho.

Dont go to Fiat unless your local dealer is particularly good, get an auto-electrician from yellow pages. They will probably come to you and charge a lot less.

Jonathan

thnks jomthan thats best advice i ve had on this problem thanks.

Wanking Wodger strikes again!

How old is the car?
It may be down to faulty stalks. Mine screwed up half the electrics last year. Only 5 years old (car, not me, before you pipe up Todger Rory Roger Wodger) Mr AA did a patch at the roadside, got it in next day, had stalks replaced, right as rain.

Mark.

travelsmall.gif

thanks sabre. just worried this is gonna cost a fortune. just paid fiat 15oo for cam belt change, susp arms and brakes freezing up. just couldnt handle it ifs gonna cost a fortune. might just have to part with my hgt and make the jump to the supra ive wanted.

From memory (can't find receipt, senior moment[ref to Patrick for definition]) I think £140.00 ish parts 'n labour.

Mark.

travelsmall.gif

If it turns out to be the stalks if it was me i'd be taking a trip to my local scrap yard.
There are loads of fairly new models near me and most have the stalks still in them.
It will probably be very similar where you are, i don't know why but there seem to be lots of accident damaged Bravo/a in the scrappies.

Rab.:)
"If at first you don't succeed lower your standards".

I think you'll find it's because the Bravo/as are getting to the age (and therefore value) now where a smack makes it a write-off. As such, you tend to see them more often in the scrappies.

Shabash!
hicks.jpg

Now partying with Yul Brynner
http://ozrics.co.uk/