General Cars booked in with the dealer

Currently reading:
General Cars booked in with the dealer

Im scared :(

I finally got round to booking my car in for its recall on the fuel tank, hopefully there wont be a problem with it cause it will mean another trip up there :(, i wouldnt mind but its not so local, the nearest one to me is in wigan lol, but im keeping it in wales and going to colwyn bay instead

I can also sample the new subway which has opened in rhyl :D

The whole point off this thread lol was to ask how much a 12k service should cost on a seicento (not mine, my mums), i know it varies from different dealers, but i would like to warn my mum before hand just in case off heart failure when they give her the bill :D

Many thanks

Gaz

Yesterday I took my cinq to Lea Motors in Cheshunt for a new Clutch to be fitted and a MOT.
The Cinq passed the MOT no problems, Great. :)
Drove the car home and realised that the clutch was slipping where it hadn't been adjusted properly. :mad:
The speedo had not been reconected! :mad:
The temp guage was flicking on and off! :mad:
All cables and hoses were out of their clips! :mad:
The CV gater on the pasenger side was split grease no all over my freashly steam cleaned engine :mad: :mad: :mad:
Took it back this morning, Heard a load of s**t coming of of the grease monkeys mouth, and just told him to sort it before 17.00.
Avoid this garage like the plague!

12k?
first service isn't it?

my dealer was £99 inc parts/labour fixed price.. lol.. (btw, my dealer is caledonia)

cos it looks better on the service history if it's a Fiat one ;)

I have no service history with my car so I'll now continue to service it myself

RedSei said:
12k?
first service isn't it?

my dealer was £99 inc parts/labour fixed price.. lol.. (btw, my dealer is caledonia)
oops, my mistake, shes had it 2 years from new, it is 2nd service in theory

emm - as its still under warranty im assuming once again it has to be done by an approved dealer

i maybe should off come to wigan now thinking bout it, i have my new suspension that needs fitted, *hint**hint* - dawn/kev if u read this lol

ahh... then no idea mate.. i think mine was £150ish but not sure...

and no! u don't have to goto a FIAT dealer.. u can actually goto any dealer, as long as they do the same service level... or something like that... i know my local peugeot dealer does any make/model services from £70.

Ray

If you get it done anywhere even if its an approved place do you keep the warrenty? (always wondered that) or do you have to take it to an actual fiat dealer.

My cinqs got FSH... but none of its at fiat!

i thought it was actual fiat dealer, or thats what me an my mum where led to believe when she brought the car, got me by the short an curlies there then :(

Yeah with my mums fiesta she has to ahve it done at ford for the first 3 years or she loses the warrenty. But when you have a service theres some places that are like approved by ford... and that keeps the warrenty... maybe ford make them charge you three times as much and you keep the warrenty :confused:

Back