Cars blowing up???

Currently reading:
Cars blowing up???

Many people will often try to lie their way out of a situation that is so blatantly their fault - especially if they think it will cost them.
I had it with my prang last year, the other guy accused me of lying. As I had hit his rear end the accident was so obviously my fault yada yada yada. Had it not been for my video evidence i would have been royally screwed. My OH is going through it at the moment with a taxi driving into the back of her - there's now lots of denials going on - everything from wrong taxi firm, wrong driver to she reversed into him (despite this being at a very busy junction and coming down a hill).
In fact, whilst her car was in for repair, she got a courtesy car. A week after she took it back one of the staff pranged it then tried to blame the OH, saying it was like that when she returned it - and this despite the staff signing a returns docket to say everything was in order!
No matter how well you think you know someone, the true mark of a person is how they handle a situation.

I use a Hyundai HCD-390BT on the Brava without external aerial and its bluetooth hands-free works like a charm.

Arise, thread!

Earlier today saw a few more lovlies with the engine past its sell by date for example a 1997 Hiace van, 1998 Transit and a 2001 Nissan Almera.

But most significant of all was a 2011 Mercedes C220 :eek: A car barely 2 weeks old judging by the reg and lack of dirt, it was spewing out blue smoke as it went by the other way, coupled with an awful death rattle sound. Unreal :yuck:

Anyone else heard anything about the latest Mercs blowing up? If only I got a pic...! :bang:

The other day a bloke drove by completely oblivious that his nearly new Honda Civic Type R sounded like it had no oil what-so-ever in the engine. Horrible death clatter with smoke behind yet he was humming along to Wogan (or whoever it is these days).

On the other hand I bought myself a Punto HGT and ordered new cam belt and variator. 2 days later the cam belt broke. Serves me right I knew it was way past its new belt service date.

A VW Sharan TDI top model I had when the kids were little was always breaking down or getting smashed into. Great when it was not in a garage for repairs of some sort.

Last edited:
Dodgy smoke rattly - might have had some diesel put in by mistake (n)

Im sure it was a C220 cdi, but what happened in order to trash a 3 - 4 week old car? :cry:

In the big smoke today, seen a 16 bus creating its own cloud, a 1998 Astra with a lovely stream of oil leading to it on the hard shoulder of the motorway and a 2001 Mitsubishi LM 200 van with a noise coming from the engine similar to a jackhammer, it had ran a bearing and didnt last very long like that (it didnt even get to the end of the street i was on)

But most significant of all was a 2011 Mercedes C220 :eek: A car barely 2 weeks old judging by the reg and lack of dirt, it was spewing out blue smoke as it went by the other way, coupled with an awful death rattle sound. Unreal :yuck:

Anyone else heard anything about the latest Mercs blowing up? If only I got a pic...! :bang:

Sounds like a classic case of failed injector/s. Used to work for Mercedes, but I am not talking about it any further incase I get shafted by our WW2 enemies.

Back