Career Advice - Help me!!

Currently reading:
Career Advice - Help me!!

true, no risk = no profit, and inflation eats into your premium bonds. but you can only have so much put into an isa, and shares are a risk unless you have a well spread portfolio, so premium bonds are a safe option with a small chance of gain. but yes i'd put it into an isa first.

1.5% to 2% (I won £100 last month so it actually knocked it up closer to 2%) per year over 4 years is awful. I would make much more in a high interest savings account (let alone an ISA) but it's got to stay there since it was given to me rather than earnt. Just so annoying because I am losing money.

If you know your holders ID type it into the NS&I site and it will tell you about your recent wins, you should update your address since they can only reinvest to a certain value!

How you know this isn't my natural colour lol :D. Yes i can see that it wouldn't be good for job interviews, it wouldn't be blue for one of them.

You think my hairs random, you should she me and mrsBlu73 walking down the road

Attachments

• pink030.jpg
    pink030.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 5
with hair like that you're perfect for uni. you'll blend right in with all the other people who think they're 'different'.

does the missus work? How many rooms do you have in the house? Do you have time for an evening job?

When saving for my punto which I bought for £650 vgc and only 53000 (99)(Vreg) The guy wanted 850 but I managed to haggle him down.

But anyway when saving for the puntash I got a second job at the Gala Bingo 6-11pm and worked a thur, fri and sunday night - brough in an extra 60 quid per week after tax. That fairly helped me out. But is a killer on social time. But they worked round me which was good because I wanted to party on a saturday. I think thats your best bet.

Either that or sell yourself! :D

Yep its a hard one indeed. sell and buy something smaller. or work a couple of nights a week the missus could even work the same nights as you or days between college - bring something in to the household.(y)

We would all like jobs that pay big money for doing f*ck all (council job for instance!) but sometimes you just have to get your head down & do whatever is available.Another point its not all about the money,you have to enjoy your work cause you'll be doing it until your at least 65!

We would all like jobs that pay big money for doing f*ck all (council job for instance!) but sometimes you just have to get your head down & do whatever is available.Another point its not all about the money,you have to enjoy your work cause you'll be doing it until your at least 65!

Im a council worker and I aint on big bucks, One you reach around the top you make 40-50 grand and the very top is around 90ish (Chief Exec) Council wages are not all they are souped up to be - you start at the bottom and need to work hard to earn anything and progress. If you have a degree (in a relevant subject) you could go in at Management level around 28-30 grand.

Im not anywhere near that. But suppose im only 20 - lots of time to make my way to the top! Just been promoted! - now i'm on the second rung of the ladder! :D

Depends what you mean by 'big bucks'? (to me thats anything over £20K!)

p.s.no offence but I have no time for councils (in general not any one worker) for they are a law unto themselves...my opinion only.

Well - you are entitled to your own opinion. I'd say anything over £20grand is enough to have a comfortable lifestyle. As well as you, I had a dislike for councils - I still dont like my own council (they really dont do anything for the area/town/community) No strategies set - nothing. Thank god I work for another council that borders my own.

Back