Styling Carbon Fiber Mirrors

Currently reading:
Styling Carbon Fiber Mirrors

RUI

Get Your Own Tile
I know they have no use but they look cool. I have just got a pair of carbon fiber mirrors for my 500, they only cost £89 so not a stupid price.
I will get some more photos up when they are on the car.
5612162671_a1e371697d_b.jpg

I have to say I'm not with you on that one. Those who know what carbon fibre is will laugh at you because they will know that the rest of the car is made of lead and pig iron. Those who don't know will just think it is funny plastic.

What are you talking about? They will give me 50 more BHP and it will do a lap of the Nürburgring in 6:55 now I have them fitted.

maybe.

What are you talking about? They will give me 50 more BHP and it will do a lap of the Nürburgring in 6:55 now I have them fitted.

maybe.

I will reserve judgement until i see them on your car, but personally on a black 500 i think they would look pretty cool. also the 50bhp more is always a winner ;)

I know they have no use but they look cool. I have just got a pair of carbon fiber mirrors for my 500, they only cost £89 so not a stupid price.

RUI, come mate, what's this about !! Need a full picture to be convinced.

5612162671_a1e371697d_b.jpg

Can't tell what they are really like whilst stationary. Any chance of strapping them to a tortoise so we can see the effect at speed? (obviously photoshop the tortoise out first)

I think they're a great idea particularily on the pop model when your only option is Chrome or to leave them standard. Getting the back sprayed the colour of the car would be too pricey (unless you getting a spoiler done as well). I think the carbon fiber is very manly. I think I remember seeing then on the 'Ferrari' model. £89 is a very resonable price. Looking forward to your pictures - imagine you will do them justice !

I have put them on the car but no photos yet, My cameras are in the studio.
I may pop out with the iphone and take a couple.
They match my carbon fiber style key cover.
452243728_o.jpg

452245167_o.jpg

The key cover give me an extra 20mph

Taking you slightly off topic but was in the bike shop last weekend and picked up a composite framed bike - damned nearly threw it through the ceiling by mistake the thing was so flipping light. Made my alloy bike feel like a Sherman Tank.

Now I have composite bike envy.

I was taking some photos of some of the bike that will be used in the olympics in the studio a couple of weeks ago and I know what your talking about, they are stupid light.

Here you go some of the best photography you will ever see, and I did not even use photoshop.

They do look cool on the car, they look black then as you move around you can see the carbon weave.

465163082_o.jpg

465163045_o.jpg

465162755_o.jpg

465162709_o.jpg

465162650_o.jpg

465162609_o.jpg

Here you go some of the best photography you will ever see, and I did not even use photoshop.

They do look cool on the car, they look black then as you move around you can see the carbon weave.

RUI - the carbon mirrors look brillant (y) and the car is immaculate - there's no mercy with black in the full in bright of day.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may not make me go faster but I will get an extra 10mpg ;o)

Back