Technical Carb cooling fan fuse - where is it?

Currently reading:
Technical Carb cooling fan fuse - where is it?

My '77 1300 (UK spec) is fitted with a carb cooling fan but there is no power at the relay.

The only wiring diagram I have that includes the fan shows a separate fuse from the panel of 12.

I can't see a separate fuse under the dash or anywhere - does anyone know where it is please?

I think you'll find that all of the wiring you seek is in the engine bay. The cooling fan was very much an "add-on" afterthought and is badly integrated into the rest of the wiring on the earlier cars.

The wiring loom saw a major overhaul in the early 80s but between 73 and the overhaul it just got steadily worse for complexity. Just about the only thing that got better in that time is the addition of relays for the full beam headlamp circuit but they didn't add relays for the dipped beam until much later although they did provide slots in the fusebox - very bizarre but very typically Fiat

As you say, typically Fiat. I can't believe the fan is supplied without a fuse, so maybe after all it must be one of those on the block of 12 under the steering wheel.

However, the wiring diagram I have shows that the carb fan and the interior light both come from a separate fuse, and I have found a new supply for the light connected (by someone unknown) in the spare wheel well, with the old supply going back into the loom also dead. Which convinces me there really is a dead fuse lurking somewhere if I could only find it.

Back