General Car won't turn over /start.

Currently reading:
General Car won't turn over /start.

Moto GP fan

Hi all, I have a 2011 twinair which apart from the stop/start not working has been fine so far (car is was bought 2nd hand) this morning I went to drive it and firstly it wouldn't unlock with the key fob, when opened with the key and trying to start it the fuel pump primes and then nothing when turned just a repeated clicking as if the battery is flat. I had the key fob battery replaced and put the car battery on charge but the charger advises battery full. I put the car in gear and rocked it to see if the starter motor was stuck but this didn't help. I have not had any warning lights to advise the alternator was failing etc. I have searched the net and found someone ad vising the car needs to be locked with the fob at all times? I recently returned from a weeks holiday where it wasn't but have used it twice since with no problems. The lights in the main speedo are pretty dull compared to normal and I'm getting and ebd? And ABS warning message up on there. Also the car won't lock with the fob and the boot won't open. Has anyone experienced similar or can advise what to look at next? Thanks in advance for any input. Regards Davey

Sounds like the battery, you could check the voltage on it, that's a useful way to know if it's dead.

Thanks for the replies and advice, tried another battery and car started. I bought a new battery from the local parts shop @£95. Thanks again, Davey.

Just re-visiting this thread instead of creating my own...
I bought my 62 plate 500 3 and a half years ago and has been fine - other than stop start never working since i bought it.
Car has been fine all the time since purchased no issues until after xmas went to start and is constantly "clicking sound" no starting of the car at all.

I used some jump leads got it running took it for a good 45mins drive, couple of days after started and ran it around a bit all ok.
Left over a weekend (Fri pm to Sun pm) and doing it again, assuming this is a battery issue?

Looked about and cheapest i can find is Battery Megastore (https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/...stop-with-efb-technology-car-battery-se56010/)

Any advice to confirm my feelings / confirm Battery Megastore are ok etc would be much appreciated.

Yes.. sounds like the battery.

I never dealt with Battery Megastore.. but I don't see why there would be a problem. If you pay by credit card then you'll get your money back if the battery doesn't turn up.

Interesting to see Hankook making batteries now... and for a S/S EFB battery that's not a bad price. I think the Halfords own brand is the same sort of money, for instance... so it'll be interesting to hear how it gets on.

Ralf S.

I bought my 62 plate 500 3 and a half years ago and has been fine - other than stop start never working since i bought it.
Car has been fine all the time since purchased no issues until after xmas went to start and is constantly "clicking sound" no starting of the car at all.

I used some jump leads got it running took it for a good 45mins drive, couple of days after started and ran it around a bit all ok.
Left over a weekend (Fri pm to Sun pm) and doing it again, assuming this is a battery issue?

Looked about and cheapest i can find is Battery Megastore (https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/...stop-with-efb-technology-car-battery-se56010/)

Any advice to confirm my feelings / confirm Battery Megastore are ok etc would be much appreciated.
I used them a few years ago had no issues

Used them man

Used them many times no problems and next day delivery

HELP!!!
The battery tray bolt holding the battery strap in place has threaded totally and is not shaped like a circle 😩
Is my only hope to cut the strap and buy a new battery tray.

HELP!!!
The battery tray bolt holding the battery strap in place has threaded totally and is not shaped like a circle 😩
Is my only hope to cut the strap and buy a new battery tray.
First try release oil, and a impact socket not a regular socket or drive on the flats version, impact sockets are good for removing really stubborn nut or bolts, they are often black in colour, if you cut the strap it wouldn't be hard to fashion a new one, not sure how much a genuine one would be. If you do cut it then you can remove the plastic tray then heat the bolt?

First try release oil, and a impact socket not a regular socket or drive on the flats version, impact sockets are good for removing really stubborn nut or bolts, they are often black in colour, if you cut the strap it wouldn't be hard to fashion a new one, not sure how much a genuine one would be. If you do cut it then you can remove the plastic tray then heat the bolt?
I didnt have these type of tools, neighbour is pretty handy with cars, he managed to use a socket set that got the bolt off, it was chewed up beyond belief,
Threaded a new bolt on to get the thread back, put new battery in and brought the car to work today.
Bonus! All good.

Back