Technical Car wont start

Currently reading:
Technical Car wont start

Hello, im completely now here and also dont know anything about cars, but I really need help, so here goes...

In december i was turning on my fiat grande punto 1.2 2006, as always, and it kinda flew forward and rpm went sky high for maybe 1 second, then the car died... After that, it would try to turn on, but never really turn on and it would go up to maybe 900 rpm, down again, up to 900 down again, before i would stop trying to turn it on..
My mechanic finally had a look at it, and it said crankshaft sensor, he changed it, but nothing changed, car still would not turn on successfully... he checked wiring but it was also all fine, and now he found out, that if the tachometer/rpm counter is not installed, the car can turn on and drive, but it's just very slow (but its been extra slow for the past 2 years anyways, and idk if it's more slow than usual)... Does anyone have any idea of what this could be? It's been cared for as it should, except for 2 years ago, when there were a hole in the oil tank and I drove without oil for a while, unknowingly. 😑

I apologize for my english, i tried to explain it as good as I could.

Hello, im completely now here and also dont know anything about cars, but I really need help, so here goes...

In december i was turning on my fiat grande punto 1.2 2006, as always, and it kinda flew forward and rpm went sky high for maybe 1 second, then the car died... After that, it would try to turn on, but never really turn on and it would go up to maybe 900 rpm, down again, up to 900 down again, before i would stop trying to turn it on..
My mechanic finally had a look at it, and it said crankshaft sensor, he changed it, but nothing changed, car still would not turn on successfully... he checked wiring but it was also all fine, and now he found out, that if the tachometer/rpm counter is not installed, the car can turn on and drive, but it's just very slow (but its been extra slow for the past 2 years anyways, and idk if it's more slow than usual)... Does anyone have any idea of what this could be? It's been cared for as it should, except for 2 years ago, when there were a hole in the oil tank and I drove without oil for a while, unknowingly. 😑

I apologize for my english, i tried to explain it as good as I could.
I have had that with worn diesel engines where they ran on the engine oil with no accelerator control, revving until they blew up or the driver managed to stall them.
I have never had it happen with a petrol engine, unless the accelerator jammed and the high revs damaged the engine?
Did it burn/use engine oil a lot before it packed up?
If it's possible to run it with the oil cap off does it sound like it is "chuffing" and pushing a lot of air/fumes out of the oil cap?
If so it is possible the previous running with no oil has finally caused the pistons to fail.
Does it blue smoke out of the exhaust when revved?

Back