Technical Car won't start

Currently reading:
Technical Car won't start

MannedSage1

My 1.1 cinq won't start. When I turn the key tit doesn't register any fuel but it turns over can anyone help me?

Nah I haven't I can't even hear the fuel pump turning on I'm looking for the fuel safety switch and I'm going to reset it and see what happens

It's something to do with the fuel pump I don't think power is getting to it

Why do you mean by put a meter on it? And why wouldn't the fuel pump be working when I turn the key it's just not doing anything usually I can hear it when I turn the key and now just nothing

No pump means crank sensor is faulty, or needs cleaning, or a wiring fault. Without a signal, relay won't work, and pump won't.

If the pump isn't priming when the key is at first position, that's nothing to do with crank sensor.
To make the pump run, the pump relay must get a signal from the crank sensor. It prime's the injector(s), ready to fire. You here the relay click. That's the signal from the sensor to say ready.

The crank sensor completes the ignition circuit, that then supplies electricity to the pump relay, that then runs the pump, to prime injector. No crank sensor signal, no ignition, no engine brum brum. Simples.

The crank sensor completes the ignition circuit, that then supplies electricity to the pump relay, that then runs the pump, to prime injector. No crank sensor signal, no ignition, no engine brum brum. Simples.

Wrong the pump primes when the ignition is to raise fuel pressure to the rail/injectors and obviously give a solid fuel flow the only time a bad crack sensor will stop any type of fuel is at the injectors obviously if the engine ecu can't see any rpm it's not going to open the injectors or trigger the coil packs

Wrong the pump primes when the ignition is to raise fuel pressure to the rail/injectors and obviously give a solid fuel flow the only time a bad crack sensor will stop any type of fuel is at the injectors obviously if the engine ecu can't see any rpm it's not going to open the injectors or trigger the coil packs
Sorry your wrong.
How does the pump get the power to run the pump? It gets it from the ignition. But to complete the circuit, the ignition circuit must have a crank signal. No crank signal, no relay powered up.
Btw, iam a retired diagnostic engineer.(y)

Back