Technical car wont start

Currently reading:
Technical car wont start

mattb25

hi there all i bought a 1993 cinquecento last week the battery was totally dead but managed to get the car started after using the jump leads..today i got a battery from the scrapyard turn the ignition so all lights come on thats fine then go to start and it wont but it does attempt too just keeps making that noise when it goes to start.. any help wouild be greatfull thanks

the battery is ok tried using jump leads today theres definately a spark as fuel goes im not too sure but like it say it makes the engine noise to try to start but then just keeps attempting to start but wont and last week i had it running on the battery that was on after i used jump leads on that but that battery had been on the car for ages and it has been stood for a year

As long as you have a nice blue spark on the spark plugs it could be fuel related,try fitting a new fuel fiter it could be blocked from where its stood for so long also a full service might be a bette bet of getting it running.

i would try to get the spark plugs off and change them but theyre so difficult to get to meaning space wise :/

Where you said there was deffinatly a spark i thought you had the plugs out, but if they are hard to get out just get a spare plug and plug the spare plug in the leeds comming from the coil pack and earth the end of the plug on the engine and turn the engine over and see if you get a spark.

Last edited:
when you go to start the engine and it starts this doesnt it makes the noise and you can see the belt turning but wont actually start if you get what i mean lol so it tries but just like stutters if you will repeatedly keeps attempting to start the engine

oh and it started last week with the old dead battery after a jump but wont with this 1 they tested the battery and charged it at the scrap yard as i rang them first

yeah will try my mates if not ill do the spark plug test thing if not ill just take everything out bit by bit and clean it :/ lol thanks for the advise guys :))) its much appreciated :)))

the battery if fine apparently its a fuel blockage :/

Says who? I'd not completely rule it out, but before you completely rule it in, dribble a little fuel (or spray some easystart) into the throttle body while your beautiful assistant cranks the engine over. If it fires, you have a fuel problem.

If it doesn't, you don't. Simples.

thats the problem the car wont start... but does try too..

I think that we get that it turns over but does start now.

does it spin over nice and quickly or sluggish? if its spinning round quickly i think we can rule out the battery.

Then we are at the usual first steps.. check have you got fuel, can do as fingers says or take a plug out after turning it over - is plug wet with petrol? If you have petrol, check that you are getting a spark. Then report back. The fact it turns over only tells us the starter is working nothing else.

it was a fuel blockage :))) thanks for your help though guys it was much appreciated :)))

Back