Technical car wont start...help

Currently reading:
Technical car wont start...help

twisha

hi i have a N reg cinq, the car will not turn over and theres a ticking noise from a black box on the right hand side of the engine at the top,( sorry i dont know what this is,but it holds 2 square plugs inside) i havent noticed this before the car did start once this morning for a short time but nothing since,( it has fuel, and the battery's charged)i have tried to bump start it but nothing.
any help would be great,thanks.

Make sure the negative terminal is on & tight as thats what happened to mine & i was gonna start with starter motor etc

Would of been well annoyed if i replaced all parts then found out it was just that

Cheers Gary

hi mate i had the same problem with my cinq and it turned out to be a bad earth so the best thing you could do is check and see if it is an earth problem you can do this by getting a jump lead connecting it to negative termanal on the battery and connect the other to a bit of your engine i found the best place on my cinq was on one the manifold bolts that bolt into the block let me know how you get on if u decide to giv it a try.

gregor

its alive again!!!!

the earth was broken, now fixed it and it goes like new again.
thanks again
trisha

Back