Car tax question

Currently reading:
Car tax question

AppleSei

RIP L181 VBB
Can you re-tax your car on the 'pay as you go' insurance scheme i.e. pay for months insurance then at end of month decide of you want to renew etc.

:confused:

The only check is, is the car covered today. I have had this on the MoT one of my cars had it due the day after tax liabilty, but I always got the disc.

Car is currently SORN (my crx astra) need to put back on road next month basically to get it running and to get it stickered up. Tax ran out end of May glad i can re tax it. Will check with DVLA though to be on safe side

It would be with my current insurance company and not with day-insure

proper company and a cert for a proper length of time (stated on a doc) = you get tax

day insure printout = you do not get tax

thats just the PO, who I don't think do it anymore:confused:

I had this problem with mine, and instead of paying for 2days day insure (£24 totaL) it ended up costing me a months insurance with whatever company (£90)then £45 cancellation fee, then £45 late payment fee as it all got cocked up.

bstrds:mad:

proper company and a cert for a proper length of time (stated on a doc) = you get tax

day insure printout = you do not get tax

thats just the PO, who I don't think do it anymore:confused:

they do however not all po's.loads of rules and regs such as the ones inside supermarkets not doing it.
its not just a 'po thing'
its the law that they ensure its a fully legit & 100% original insurance doc

Back