General Car Tax - Ouch

Currently reading:
General Car Tax - Ouch

Mine would have been £215 but as it is brand new the dealer pays it so it doesn't come from my pocket (although it has really). Will be an ouch next year though.

whats £50 spread over the year? pound a week, not that much really.

TBH, i would not complain one bit if tax went up as long as we could see that extra money go into research for cleaner fuels and ways to reduce pollution rather than on stupid european beurocracy.

Morritt said:
whats £50 spread over the year? pound a week, not that much really.

TBH, i would not complain one bit if tax went up as long as we could see that extra money go into research for cleaner fuels and ways to reduce pollution rather than on stupid european beurocracy.

Super unleaded is meant to be cleaner for the engine and emissions cos it has additives that clean the engine(additives) and burns better(higher octane) thou it does cost a little more.
Better exhausts are in the pipe line alone with better fuelin methods(injectors etc),thou these are not through the government just companys doin a good job at improving products so why tax should go up for that reason unless they just want more money is beyond me.

OK - so how come and old car that is pre-unleaded and is only subject to a visible smoke test (ie, pre 92) is only charged £96.50 for 6 months ?

Back