Car PC Progress

Currently reading:
Car PC Progress

Re: Once a Bassjunkie, Always a Bassjunkie

luke you fitting a car PC?

is there no way of controlling them from the PC? ive known people use the parallel port to switch on devices using relays, couldnt you do that?

mog1571 said:
luke you fitting a car PC?

is there no way of controlling them from the PC? ive known people use the parallel port to switch on devices using relays, couldnt you do that?

Well in essence i can control anything i want with the PC via my USB control interface, but i dont want to tie into that as i dont necessarily plan on having the PC on everytime the car runs - plus i have to wait for it to boot up before opening the windows and still have to work in the controls to the interface.

Think i may look around the scrapyards or something for much smaller switches so they will fit in the console where i would prefer them. Or extend teh console behind the hanbrake and have an armrest with the switches built into the front of that :cool:

Just had a thought... and yeah it hurt

The bravo/a/marea switches look quite cool and come in moulded bits of plastic... you could attach them somehow to the corners of the dash between the speaker grilles and the heater vents...

oh and on the original subject... this is what you really want...

CarAudio%20Poznan%202004-05-15_16%20-%20Fiat%20Cinquecento%2001.jpg

http://www.hustla.one.pl/z%20trasy/audio200405/CarAudio%20Poznan%202004-05-15_16%20-%20Fiat%20Cinquecento%2001.html

Luke1985 said:
(y) :cool: Always wanted to do a woofer wall! Not in the cinq though :p

Will have a look into the marea switches (y)

ah just had another thought - what about making some mini guage pods and fitting them on the A pillars... 2 on drivers side and 1 on passenger side?

EDIT: you said you'd have some practice with fiberglass

Luke1985 said:
(y) :cool: Always wanted to do a woofer wall! Not in the cinq though :p

Why not? There's a walled Classic Panda that hit something like 158.x dB :)

CinquePunto said:
ah just had another thought - what about making some mini guage pods and fitting them on the A pillars... 2 on drivers side and 1 on passenger side?

EDIT: you said you'd have some practice with fiberglass

Now that i like (y) Ive gotta put in a voltmeter and oil pressure guage anyway so would make sense (y)

chaos said:
Why not? There's a walled Classic Panda that hit something like 158.x dB :)

Would make it waaaay too slow - plus i have to leave my car in some nasty areas and a high vis wooferwall would be asking for trouble :p Bad enough with the computer screen!

I wanna build a woofer floor anyway, somethin a lil different (y)

Luke1985 said:
Would make it waaaay too slow - plus i have to leave my car in some nasty areas and a high vis wooferwall would be asking for trouble :p Bad enough with the computer screen!

I wanna build a woofer floor anyway, somethin a lil different (y)

Fair enough :)

Finally got my arse in gear today and modded the punto GT console to fit the cinq, and mounted it all. Took alot of cutting and filing to allow the handbrake and gearlever to work without fouling it, and 5 rivnuts in the floor so it can all be bolted down.

Tomorrow i need to measure up the room i have and start planning the case for the PC and screen to sit in, and wire in the relay so i have a nice clean switched live power source. May wire in the car smart PSU too.

Hopefully by the end of the week i may have fully fitted and functional PC :D

Attachments

• PIC_0336.JPG
    PIC_0336.JPG
    553.7 KB · Views: 29
  • PIC_0335.JPG
    PIC_0335.JPG
    339.2 KB · Views: 45
So how bigs the generator going to be that your installing in to your car?

That is if you actually want to move anywhere with all the audio equipment fired up :p

Back