Car juddery, advice appreciated

Currently reading:
Car juddery, advice appreciated

M

Mike

When I go slow in first gear, and sometimes I can feel it a bit in second gear too. The car rolls fine then suddenly judders once, then rolls fine, then judders again etc etc.

It feels like the power is missing at that point.

I have changed the plugs / air filter / oil / oil filter etc etc. I have not done the leads yet because I want to see what people suggest.

No warning lights on the dash and in the rest of the gears or higher revs it seems ok.

Anyone have any ideas what it may be?

Cheers

Does this only happen when the car is first started, especially when it's cold?
Then after a couple of gear changes all is well again?
If so, lots of Brava/o's do this. I'm told it's just due to temperature, and no problem.

If it happens all the time regardless of how warmed up the car is then your clutch may be on its way out.
Hope its the former!

It does it all the time.

The clutch is reasonably new and has only done about 5000 miles and not slipping, it just feels like a loss of power for a fraction of a second then it picks up again. If i stay at the same slow speed in first gear the loss of power is at the exact same point every time.

Just wondering if it could be a slightly dodgy lead or something like that, hoping its nothing worse.

mine does this, but only after being started up cold.

I assumed its just for that reason...its cold...lol

hehe yup, if it was just because the engine was cold I wouldn't be bothered, but because its all the time.

Also when on a slight hill and going to set off I really have to give it alot of revs because of this loss of power. I know it sounds normal, but it never used to do it.

The slight loss of power at that point each time makes it set off really slowly

Start with the easy stuff, had a similar thing with a Ka, turned out to be a HT lead breaking down, swap leads with known good ones and see what happens, next favourite .... coil or maybe crank sensor.