Technical Car in limp mode tipo 1.3 multijet 2019 diesel

Currently reading:
Technical Car in limp mode tipo 1.3 multijet 2019 diesel

gordonroberts

What can the problem be if the car goes into limp mode and 3 warning lights come on simultaneously the engine management light the tyre pressure light and the car skidding light. If I switch the car off and then restart it only th engine management light stays on and the car is out of limp mode but 5 minutes later back into limp mode and the other 2 lights are back on.

The tyre pressure warning system probably measures wheel speed, and compares the four, so it is taking the signals from the four wheel speed sensors. These same sensors are used by the ABS system, and the anti-skid system.

The wiring to these is vulnerable, being inside each wheel, ready to be caught by any debris. First check would be to remove each wheel and check the sensor wiring carefully. You may find one broken. Check carefully for damage, as the wire may be broken internally, but the outer casing be unbroken.

If that does not identify the issue, it will need hooking up to a dealer diagnostic tool, or to MultiECUscan, to read the fault codes.

You could also check the fuses that supply the ABS system, and all connections to the ABS unit. Have you been through any floods recently? These connections don't like drowning.

No floods but will check the tyre pressure system on the weekend. Thanks in advance and will leave a comment if it is cleared

Quick update has the car at a reputable repair centre that deals mainly in FCA vehicles they suspected problems on the turbo.took the car to turbo master sa and the actuator on the turbo is faulty having it repaired as I'm typing. Cost R6995.00 collecting car tomorrow.

What can the problem be if the car goes into limp mode and 3 warning lights come on simultaneously the engine management light the tyre pressure light and the car skidding light. If I switch the car off and then restart it only th engine management light stays on and the car is out of limp mode but 5 minutes later back into limp mode and the other 2 lights are back on.
Hi. My car has this same problem. Did you find the fix for this? I really appreciate your help. Thanks. My car is a 2017 Fiat Tipo 1.3 multijet

Back