Car Hire in Ireland

Currently reading:
Car Hire in Ireland

It depends on what you like and when you intend to visit... What age is your daughter?

I prefer the west coast of Ireland myself (Mayo, Galway, Clare), nicer scenery imo. I liked Achill Island (lovely beach) and there's a really interesting beach called Coral Beach just at Carraroe in Galway - It is as it says made of fragments of coral instead of sand.

No, only driving to Kerry :D

I like kerry, one if the most untouched places left in ireland and they make nice cheese.,:D

I was thinking of taking the misses and daughter over to ireland soon, where would you reccomend i go! in the past (fishing and shooting holidays) were in roscommon, longford, athlone, athleage, apologise if any spellings wrong! but never went on either of the coasts, also any special days or occasions that are a good time to visit, cheers! Ant!

cavan would be the best angling spot in the country in my opinion. I used to go there every weekend during the warm months., dublin is the best place for alround stuf and you can go shooting in ballbriggan about 15mins out on the M1 from the city centre. theres lots of places to shop too but stuff would be about the same price here as it would in UK., then theres the irish pastime-PUBS, lol, theres plenty to chose from no matter where ya go in the country.,:D

Not too sure I'd take my own car , my family live a really remote part of Ireland and a car with English plates stands out like a sore thumb

And? It's not like we're at war with them anymore?:p

Couple of my cars are english reg (like the BMW, some of the pandas) and the rest are all reg in the North and I've never had any problems in Kerry or such...

Jim

And? It's not like we're at war with them anymore?:p

Couple of my cars are english reg (like the BMW, some of the pandas) and the rest are all reg in the North and I've never had any problems in Kerry or such...

Jim

lmao., is that what she meant huh.,lol
I wouldnt worry about what plate you have on your car, it wouldnt make a difference if you wear a union jack,.,lol,. the only likely place you would ever encounter any "anti-brit" kinda cr*p would be in certain pro-republican parts of the north of ireland and even at that it would be unlikely these days. same applys to republicans in loyalist areas.,

Last edited:
Back