Car Hire in Ireland

Currently reading:
Car Hire in Ireland

Anyone know of a good car hire company in the Republic of Ireland. In the past I've used Budget but they seem to be quite expensive this time round. Am going for 12 days after St Patricks Day in March....

Sometimes the price seems quite good but then there's the extra insurance and that's nearly as much as the car hire itself!? :confused::confused:

Thanks

If I was you I'd bring your own car over with you. It's cheap enough on the ferry. And with the Panda you'll get great MPG, although petrol is a bit cheaper in the south.

Not too sure I'd take my own car , my family live a really remote part of Ireland and a car with English plates stands out like a sore thumb :eek: Also taking the ferry to where they live is like a day and a half travelling. Whereas on the plane I could get on it at 3pm and sitting down to dinner by 7pm :slayer:

I travel quite a bit on business, I normally use Budget or Europcar as they seem to have the best rates. Hertz are normally more expensive, and I won't use Avis after they ripped me off (OK, the company not me, but it's the principle of the thing) a few years back. I swore then that I'd go on the bus rather than rent a car from Avis again..

Cheers,

Plug

I was thinking of taking the misses and daughter over to ireland soon, where would you reccomend i go! in the past (fishing and shooting holidays) were in roscommon, longford, athlone, athleage, apologise if any spellings wrong! but never went on either of the coasts, also any special days or occasions that are a good time to visit, cheers! Ant!

Back