Car Clubs, Freedom of speech, No thanks

Currently reading:
Car Clubs, Freedom of speech, No thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
rob you realise you make your self look a right tit for even replying to this thread, if you are not even going to address the issue the op was moaning about

Despite the fact i think he has, i mean he's pointed out what the forums are actually for, why should it be addressed on here, why is this thread even on here? All i can see it doing is stiring up crap between two groups who have nothing against each other!

Despite the fact i think he has, i mean he's pointed out what the forums are actually for, why should it be addressed on here, why is this thread even on here? All i can see it doing is stiring up crap between two groups who have nothing against each other!

because they loced the one over there so the op couldn't ask no more questions, if they are so bothered why dont they unlock the thread over there and post all the crap on that instead? every time they come on here an kick off back at 1 little moan they make then selves look so bad more people leave there an just stay here:bang:

good god, there is no 'they' or 'us'.. it's not gang wars here...

So what you are saying is that if fall out with any other club, or feel i was wronged by a moderator of another forum i should air my dirty laundry on here if the thread gets locked over there?

So what you are saying is that if fall out with any other club, or feel i was wronged by a moderator of another forum i should air my dirty laundry on here if the thread gets locked over there?

Not saying you should... but we shouldn't lock your thread because the other forum/club/whatever did.

Allanhelen or pinkycinqy are more then welcome to start a thread discussing the way the club and forum is run on the CC forum. No point unlocking that thread as its a closed matter on the engine swap. The guide is in the members section, or also on here in several good threads.

But for the rules of the club to change needs an AGM where the members of the club can decide one way or the other if the tech section is open to all

And this happened last week and it was decided to leave it as it is, all the current members of the club are happy with the way the forum is run.

If someone puts a for sale thread on this forum in the wrong place, its thread locked. We do not allow it to be opened up purely to debate whether thats what we should do or not. FF or CC, rules are rules. No difference.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, the thread on CC was locked to prevent exactly this sort of pointless discussion. Had the OP read the "Benefits of Membership", they would know that technical help on the CC forum is limited to the members section - if the only reason you have to join the club is to read that part of the forum then, yes, you are ripping yourself off as that alone is not worth £20. But, as stated, that is exactly what FF is for - free technical help ... hence, pointless discussion.

Not saying you should... but we shouldn't lock your thread because the other forum/club/whatever did.

I'm not saying you should, I just fail to see what good it does apart from letting someone have a moan, which leads to a lot of people who have little ieda what they're talking about egging it all on it and sticking in snide comments (like personal insults, why?) - and this isn't a forum for bitching really is it (n)

Dave says Rob has made himself look foolish, I think this thread has made this forum look foolish.

Classifieds is free here... the rule is just to stop 'wanted' or 'for sale' threads to be littered all over the forum.

Free on CC as well, but you missed the point - he was just pointing out that it is just another rule of the forum.

Last edited:

by them i mean just the admin staff.

people get pissed off about ff and go moan about it on other forums, but you don't see our admin or mods all rush over to try and say they are wrong an how great we are, we also try an discourage our members from doing it too

duty_calls.png

This is not about which forum is best but it is more about principle

The point of a public forum is to allow discussion if that discussion is ended by a phrase basically saying join our club if you want to know or the thread is closed beause you dared to question then what is the point of mascarading as public forum?

either be a private place to members or be a forum and share the knowledge. The way it appears to operate today is almost sucker people in give them a taster then hit them for cash (i know that isn't the intention)

The fact that this is a FIAT related car forum makes no difference to me i would have raised exectly the same point about this situation for any forum

But as i have said previously I do get sick of people who basically direct you away from a place where information is free to a place where you have to pay for it

Last edited:
all the girl wanted to know was what is the difference between an 899 an a 1108 for doing an engine conversion.

the answer is a 1 liner, 1108 is a lot easier to do as its a bolt for bold swap

i hope undonated members cant read that, its valuable info you know!

omg they're all stealing our info. ah!!!!! :cry:

This is not about which forum is best but it is more about principle

The point of a public forum is to allow discussion if that discussion is ended by a phrase basically saying join our club if you want to know or the thread is closed beause you dared to question then what is the point of mascarading as public forum?

either be a private place to members or be a forum and share the knowledge. The way it appears to operate today is almost sucker people in give them a taster then hit them for cash (i know that isn't the intention)

The fact that this is a FIAT related car forum makes no difference to me i would have raised exectly the same point about this situation for any forum

But as i have said previously I do get sick of people who basically direct you away from a place where information is free to a place where you have to pay for it

ive raised the very same point myself here
i recall recently someone posing a question on FF and being told by someone they had put the info in the CC members section
so basically you have to pay £x to obtain that info

to make money. duh :p

If I'm honest I don't agree with the forced fee way of doing things. Probably why I prefer freeware with an option to donate. But nobody is forced to join these sites. You pays your money( or don't) and make your choice.

Refusing to help people unless they pay to join another site however is another matter. (n)

Attachments

• gotta laufgh.jpg
    gotta laufgh.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back