Car can't be bothered?

Currently reading:
Car can't be bothered?

michael2208

Does anyone else have where the car runs beautifully sometimes and just purrs? and other times where it seems it can't be ar**d?

It's not going to breakdown or anything it just doesn't feel or sound right!

It is air temps? humidity? or what???????

With my ibiza it either ran bad when something was up, or it ran ok and faultless.

With the Stilo on the other hand, nothing can be wrong (as far as I can see) and it can be a right kangroo hopping sod in traffic and make it look like you cant drive and be really underpowered feeling, and other days its smooth, has no problems and goes like a stabbed rat.

It just has its off days.

My 1.6 will either be a smooth quiet drive that picks up powerfully or at other times feel really sluggish and really gruff sounding under acceleration. Always has done. Garage no clue (and just says its fine) as it has never brought up any codes. Has no relation to engine temp, petrol, weather or anything, will just do it whenever it likes. I'd love to know what causes it, somedays it makes me want to get shut of the thing.

repost this, but know what you mean, somedays i floor it in my cinq and still get shocked at the power, other days i feel as though i've gotten used to the power :eek:, still every overtaking manuver leaves me shocked at how much extra space i had because of the speed of the thing :eek:

Back