Car Auctions

Currently reading:
Car Auctions

Anyone ever been to one or even bought a car from one?

wouldn't mind a look one day see whats on offer, meant to be able to get some good deals but i understand there's risk envolved.

anyone know of any in the newcastle area?

cheers!

i have used and bought a few cars with no problems

look out for main dealer px cars rather that general public ones all cars are hpi checked last one i bought was vauxhall astra 1 owner fsh 18 months old high miles but fsh bought 3200 sold 12 months later 3400

bca..
Whitley Road, Longbenton,
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne,
Tyne & Wear, NE12 9SQ
Phone: (0191) 270 0077

just make sure you knock a third off, as parkers over value every thing
good point... just pop on one day and see what prices are like.. dont be tempted to buy on first visit.. check it out first(y)

i bought my stilo from my local auction. visted its auctions about 3 weeks before i actually commited to a sale. fiats never do well in them and the stilo was extremely cheap but i would advise that you bring a mechanic or someone in the know. i may of got my stilo incredibly cheap but i ended up paying over 600 quid in repair costs inc 5 new tyres. theyre a brilliant way to buy cars but you really have to be in the know before you buy as it could really turn round and sting you. public put their cars in there for 2 reasons: they couldnt b botherd with auto trader or no one who gets 2 see and test the car would buy it so they throw it in an auction. good luck (y)

true tho
saw a few cars while being cleaned have flat tires and drove on

as well as some in the hall

well i dont know where you go in leeds and i have been to a few auction houses in the area and i have never seen a car being driven on flat tyres, they are normally towed through or are withdrawn if they are defective

Last edited:
if thats the worst they've been through that fine lol

ive seen some right bangers go through. They are the best though. Seen an old Ford Granada go through for 10 pound up and running!

IMO BCA or manheim auctions are the best run they would be the ones to go to

Last edited:
well it had the classic stilo spring snap, breaking a wishbone as well. 4 bald tyres and no spare. and i got a full service including timing belt so i could have this year trouble free and touch wood, has been ok

the cars are treated like crap
drove on flat tires etc
saw this in out local one

yep, the Central Car Auctions in glasgow - stirling are like that, although they usually attempt to put some air in the tyres before driving off.

My uncle likes to buy from auctions (does a bit of dealing) and most of the cars in my family come from there. Only ever been one duffer of a car that i know of, the rest have been superb (y)

Back