Technical Car Accident :(

Currently reading:
Technical Car Accident :(

So then you might have seen me asking about transferring parts from my door to a new door. A couple of weeks ago I was just driving down a straight road when some women pulls straight into the side of me from a side street. She admitted full liability but caused alot of damaged.

I've got to have:
New wishbone
Replacement Suspension Leg
New Drumstick
Replacement door
Replacement wing

Very very annoying,

Thankfully though everyone was ok and its going in on Saturday for repair

Attachments

• WP_20141106_001.jpg
    WP_20141106_001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • WP_20141106_002.jpg
    WP_20141106_002.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • WP_20141106_003.jpg
    WP_20141106_003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
Thankfully no one hurt. We all say that but it's only when someone is you really see what that means. Cars are just steel and plastic. The hassle is major annoying but underneath is relief.
Sobering to think she didn't see you. May have been looking straight at you but ...no. Clearly wasn't concentrating but could have had a lot of stuff on her mind. We all get distracted eventually and rely on others to keep an eye out for us to avoid trouble. Not saying you could have seen it coming. The few times the same thing has happened me the first thing I knew was the bang. Doesn't happen so much now. Maybe you develop a sixth sense.
She's probably gutted and getting grief about being a woman driver and so on. I tend to cut these 'morons' :) a bit of slack, mentally at least. We all make mistakes.
Have an eye to the door hinges. Doesn't look like more than a swipe but have seen a fair few bodges to get the new door hanging.

If this is going through insurance they may have said going in for repair but be prepared for a call in a couple of days to say it is being written off due to repair costs exceeding the value.

Also the suspension legs should really be changed as a pair so as not to affect the handling.

If this is going through insurance they may have said going in for repair but be prepared for a call in a couple of days to say it is being written off due to repair costs exceeding the value.

Also the suspension legs should really be changed as a pair so as not to affect the handling.
Depending if the chassis legs are even damaged

it looks minor bodywork to me - so doors and that to play it safe
But again pictures dont show whats actually gone on underneath

Im in worry that a simply sporting bumper job is going to cost alot and writing alot of cars off :(

Ziggy

Hi all thanks for the replies I've arranged with the insurance company for a settlement for them to send me a cheque and I arrange the repairs. @Ziggy122 By drumstick I'm referring to the track rod. It gets referred to as many names.

But like everyone has said I'm not hurt and the car can just be repaired :)

Thats F/e :)

There easily sourced parts as well

I call them Inner tie rods or inner track control arms

Whats weird is - all that work is probably gonna cost less then it is for my wee bumper job.....

Love sport models - hate the price tags....

Ziggy

how that works actually? insurance company finds out that its to expensive to repair and give you some money and then you decide what to do with the car?

It's a shame looks like prior to an idiot, it was in really nice condition, proper deep shine on that black paint.

It's not too hard to do most of the work yourself. I did a video recently on replacing the track control arms.

Doors unbolt and you can sit and transfer anything needed from the old to the new door.

The wing is fortunately all bolt on so you just need to take your time lining everything up again.

The other suspension bits are fairly easy to fathom out.

Once it's back together find a nice cheap body shop who will paint the wing and door and on your way home nip into a good independent tyre place for wheel alignment

I would say you could reasonably get it all done for £800 definitely less than £1000

So then yet another update, took my car to PuntoMan for my door and wing to be fitted. He is transferring the electric window stuff for me aswell. Problem is he has got to pull the door pillar out a little so that it all goes back nicely.

Hopefully will have the car back for the weekend.

Then its a matter of getting any paintwork sorted.

Nearly there now :)

So then you might have seen me asking about transferring parts from my door to a new door. A couple of weeks ago I was just driving down a straight road when some women pulls straight into the side of me from a side street. She admitted full liability but caused alot of damaged.

I've got to have:
New wishbone
Replacement Suspension Leg
New Drumstick
Replacement door
Replacement wing

Very very annoying,

Thankfully though everyone was ok and its going in on Saturday for repair

So i realised i never posted a picture after the work was complete.

As you can see my car is filthy at the moment. So im looking forward to warmer weather so i can get it all cleaned and the machine polisher on the wing and door.

But as you can see it looks alot better now they have been replaced.

Attachments

• 1422286896445.jpg
    1422286896445.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 30
Back