Can't pair, won't pair, never has paired.

Currently reading:
Can't pair, won't pair, never has paired.

amyh22

I got my Fiat 500 on Friday and I am fairly sure the Blue&Me is kaput. If I try and pair the phone to the car, the phone will find Blue&Me but the car does not generate a code. If I try and pair the car to the phone, the car instantly tells me to try again later. I have a Nokia E71 so shouldn't be any issues with that. I have never had it going at all, this has been the only respone I've got from either the car or the phone.

I have it booked in to go back to Fiat for a look on Saturday, but I'd really like this sorted asap. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I got my Fiat 500 on Friday and I am fairly sure the Blue&Me is kaput. If I try and pair the phone to the car, the phone will find Blue&Me but the car does not generate a code. If I try and pair the car to the phone, the car instantly tells me to try again later. I have a Nokia E71 so shouldn't be any issues with that. I have never had it going at all, this has been the only respone I've got from either the car or the phone.

I have it booked in to go back to Fiat for a look on Saturday, but I'd really like this sorted asap. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

You didn't confirm, but are you going into the B&M menu via the steering wheel controls and selecting 'pairing'? If not, then no code will be generated.

hi mikey

'pairing' isnt an option in the menu. I press the phone, then the button above to search. It will say that it is searching but then immeadiately 'try againt later'. Am i missing a trick? Any guidance (or step by step instructions!) most welcome!

hi mikey

'pairing' isnt an option in the menu. I press the phone, then the button above to search. It will say that it is searching but then immeadiately 'try againt later'. Am i missing a trick? Any guidance (or step by step instructions!) most welcome!

Ok Amy,
It sounds to me like there is a phone already paired on your system so you need to remove it as follows (but turn your bluetooth off on your phone first),go to the main menu in your B&M system and select "settings" then find the option "delete all", you will be asked to confirm and press ok, you should now be able to pair in the usual way via the "settings" menu,let me know how you get on.

Last edited:
Got it working now! Going a treat. Thanks for everyone's help.

I wonder if you can help me -

I got my fiat 500 yesterday and have an iphone 3Gs. I couldn't see this anywhere on the compatible phones list but I can't believe it's not compatible.

I turned the bluetooth on in my phone, went through the steering wheel for settings and pairing but get an instant message saying it failed. I have tried deleting other phones as the previous user may have had their phone paired but subsequent attempts to pair have also failed.

Any suggestions welcome!

Back