Can't find a Lowering Suspension Kit - need help

Currently reading:
Can't find a Lowering Suspension Kit - need help

C

Colm Moroney

Hi All,
I'm looking for lowering springs and gas shocks for a '97 1.4sx, but Jamex, Spax etc.... don't make them.

I've tried alot of places in the UK but can't find any (execpt Koni but too dear)

any help appreciated
Colm

I have a tip

Try Koni springs. Good luck

Got Them

Finally, Ears Motorsport are able to supply
a Bilstein kit for the '97 model, apparently the front shocks were changed in late '96.

Colm.

They Cost

Paul, They cost £380 Irish Punts including fitting. They would be much cheaper in the UK due to the fact that the Irish Punt is very weak at the moment.

Still i'm happy to have gotten them, hopefully it will but an end to that awful bodyroll problem.

Regards
Colm.

Body Roll

Have you tried bigger wheels ?

I've got 17" Evo R's and the car handles superbly.

Re: Body Roll

Jes ,17" their seriously big wheels, did you have to modify the arches or spring etc ...
I recently tried changed my 14" alloys for 16" but the price of wheels in this country is crazy.
£1000 (give or take) it would have cost, so i had to just but 195/55 on instead.
The reputed good handling of these cars was one of the main factors in me buying it, but the bodyroll has really let me down, mind my shocks are shot, so ....
can't wait to get the new parts

Re: Body Roll

Yeah they are big, but they look good.

Currently running 17" 205/40 ( serious thin profile ), didn't have to mod anything, just stick straight on.

Got them cheap as well, from a man i know.

Car doesn't look bad as it is, just want to improve the handling a bit more, and just lower a bit more, too make wheels look even bigger.

Next on list, bodykit. Do you know of any cheap places to get some.

Body Kit

There is a nice ASD kit on this site

http://www.tuningshop.co.uk/Features/Bravo-Brava.htm

It would look good with 17" wheels, but it's mad dear (about £1000).I don't know any others.

I've have superchipped and added a K&N to mine and after i fit the suspension kit i needs wheels and maybe a bodykit (cheap one that is)

Do you know anywhere i could get 16" wheels at decent money ?????

Re: Body Kit

Theres a new shop call Revolution Performance Store on 0191 477 0785 in Gateshead.

There price for 17" Evo 'R' is £845 or or 16" at £725 which isn't bad

Has the superchip made a difference at all ?

Tuning

£725 isn't bad, unfortunately when you convert that into Punts and add carraige costs, it becomes £942 - lifes a bitch isn't it

I fitted the superchip and K&N filter on the same day, therefore i'm not sure which made the biggest difference, but i am very pleased with the outcome, it produced and extra 9.88bhp and basically the car is ALOT more responsive since.

Including the K&N + fitting etc.. it cost £300 - so 10bhp for £300 ain't bad.

Spring kit

Hi there colm.

I have just lowered my Bravo by 40mm with a sparco spring kit.
it is a very simple operation. The spring kit was ordered from the Dameon tweekes catalogue. they only cost £100. I didn't change the shocks and the car handles brillantly, I would 'nt bother replacing the shocks. reply if you have any further questions.

Happy lowering
Alvin..

TRY.....

Colm, Try Brady's of Arklow, He's got a decent selection and he'll give you a good trade in price on your 14'' wheels. PAUL.