Technical cannot activate uConnect Live

Currently reading:
Technical cannot activate uConnect Live

tomeranaray

Hi, today I finally received my new Fiat 500x after 4 months.
however, I can't seem to activate the uConnect Live services.

1. I have a working bluetooth connection between the car and my iPhone
2. I installed the uConnect Live app
3. I have an account, and it states Live services are active until 2020
4. I received an email confirming activation of the Live services, explaining I need to add my "details" to the "accounts" tab in the uConnect Live app.
5. But that button is greyed out in the app. I cannot tap on "accounts". I just have "MyGarage" and "Services".

On the car, when tapping on Live Services it states I need to install the app and have a bluetooth connection, so obviously it's not working.

I do know that the garage swapped out the entire uConnect system because it was not working before. Is it possible this is the cause of the problem? I can imagine some serial numbers or parts not matching anymore?

Hi, today I finally received my new Fiat 500x after 4 months.

however, I can't seem to activate the uConnect Live services.

1. I have a working bluetooth connection between the car and my iPhone

2. I installed the uConnect Live app

3. I have an account, and it states Live services are active until 2020

4. I received an email confirming activation of the Live services, explaining I need to add my "details" to the "accounts" tab in the uConnect Live app.

5. But that button is greyed out in the app. I cannot tap on "accounts". I just have "MyGarage" and "Services".

On the car, when tapping on Live Services it states I need to install the app and have a bluetooth connection, so obviously it's not working.

I do know that the garage swapped out the entire uConnect system because it was not working before. Is it possible this is the cause of the problem? I can imagine some serial numbers or parts not matching anymore?

Log it with Ciao Fiat & hope they get back to you!! It’s been 3 months so far despite the numerous calls & bluffs on their part!!

Did you check whether your phone is compatible withe the Uconnect system ?
I personally had no problems linking my phone.
Need to say it's an Android device.
I have two Android phones, one is compatible and the other is not, very strange.

Did you check whether your phone is compatible withe the Uconnect system ?
I personally had no problems linking my phone.
Need to say it's an Android device.
I have two Android phones, one is compatible and the other is not, very strange.

Its an iPhone so I guess that should be OK.
I do remember somewhere having to enter the VIN number. Maybe something went wrong there, but I can’t find or recreate that step.

Or maybe I have outdated firmware?
- uConnect Live 8.10.2
- update manager 6.2

Last edited:
I seem to remember that when I connected to the uconnect system there was an update right away.
Don't know what Fw i have now should need to check.
Can't you try with another phone to see if this works ?

Back