Styling Can you....

Currently reading:
Styling Can you....

Yes you can.

Stone newt had 16" wheels on his, but it was running serious power and spent alot of money it, on things like widening the track properly

It was along time ago but Gobe used to knock around with him, and he said it as fast around a track as an elise (dont know which track) so the handling must of been fairly good.

I have 15x7 wheels for mine t ofit over the brakes. obviously needs suspension sorting and the wide arches fitting but they went on and didnt rub on the strut, wishbone or track rod end. ill stick some spacers on aswell.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee230/brooky_cento/IMG_0154-1.jpg

It was along time ago but Gobe used to knock around with him, and he said it as fast around a track as an elise (dont know which track) so the handling must of been fairly good

Or the Elise a very slow one! The Stig just managed to beat an Elise's wet time in a 500 Abarth SS, so.............

But very little of the front end of that car was anything like stock, and the engine had seem some professional input.

Well... Mine had 185x50x14's on it when I bought it...

I've fitted bilstens with eibach springs and has 15mm hubcentrics all round, with long 12.9 studs.

I'm going to be fitted alfa 155 258mm vented fronts and am building up a 1242cc 8v lump to either supercharger or if the space is an issues (which I'm struggling with) it'll be going oldskool witha Panda mk2 dizzy and DCOE 40's... With an 1108 sport gearbox... Oh and a 4-1 race manifold... Won't be stupid fast but can probably see 100bhp if rolling roaded.

I was teasing really coz I know that Coupé 16x7's only fit with a 15mm spacer all round (to clear the front struts) with 165x40x16's stretch fitted.

Their basically the same rolling diameter as the 185x50x14's...

Doesn't rub, or ground out...

c5f86dd8.jpg

a0e80276.jpg

6e401261.jpg

c85544b6.jpg

053c1787.jpg

I'm running a 43mm throttle body, larger injectors and a stainless exhaust.. Top end is about 115mph...

The last Seicento I had (M33 PAN... If any of you remember it) was an 1108cc MPI with a monstered Punto75 head, supersprint manifold, stainless exhaust, 40mm throttle body, Pug 106 Gti injectors... Red Dot remap and was 105bhp.

This time I'm thinking oldskool is more theatrical... Big carbs, dizzy, monstered head and a 1242cc engine....
Will be quicker than a Panda 100hp and in it's current colour scheme... Annoying if nothing else...

Engine should be finished soon, then it's just the carbs and manifold....

I really like that, apart from the wheels which just look silly to me - each to their own though, so long as you like it.. And can't fault your colour choices, looks ace :cool:

I shall log this thread in my memory for next time someone asks if its possible to fit 15s or 16s though ;) You'd be amazed how many times its asked.

Nice one I'm guessing its a mpi lump then?? Wish I could find a bigger tb for my 1242 lol seems like the only thing I can really do now apart from having the head flowed

Lee

If yours is MPI, there should be just enough room to fit a 48mm Dell'Orto (K Series) TB on the MPI plenum if you machine up an adaptor and use a petrol resistant resin to bond it all together. You'll loose the IAC, so an aftermarket ECU with an alternative way of providing idle (through scatter) or using the K Series IAC becomes essential. Cam, valves, and port to suit. Or you might be able to fit a 1.4 8v head and induction, replacing the FBW throttle with something sensible.

Back