General can you name this pipe and part number?

Currently reading:
General can you name this pipe and part number?

doz smith

Hi, so i lost all my coolant and it turns out one of these pipe has rusted through, but after 30 minuets with the local fiat dealer and a few hours on the internet i still cant find out for hours what part to order.

It is 2 pipes one end joins engine block i think at the water pump and the other looks like it is going to an oil to water heat exchanger.

thanks for the help guys.

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 223
Hi, so i lost all my coolant and it turns out one of these pipe has rusted through, but after 30 minuets with the local fiat dealer and a few hours on the internet i still cant find out for hours what part to order.

It is 2 pipes one end joins engine block i think at the water pump and the other looks like it is going to an oil to water heat exchanger.

Google
Fiatdalys ;)

Hi,
The year of your car and the exact engine type would be useful.

Robert G8RPI.

Doh! It is 1.9jtd 150hp on a 2007.
I had a look through the website and while being really useful, none of the parts look like mine! The one I have has the two tubes joined together. Any help is really appreciated.

Doh! It is 1.9jtd 150hp on a 2007.
I had a look through the website and while being really useful, none of the parts look like mine! The one I have has the two tubes joined together. Any help is really appreciated.

Hi,
Looks like the pipe(s) is not available separately. There is a kit of about 8 parts incuding two flexible hoses and clips. It's listed as a replaced/replacement part so it's possible that the original was two piprs and the replacement has them joined.

The part number is 55213898 (old number 55212526) Item 1 below comprising of items 2,3,4,6,7,8 & 10. It's implied that the pipe is included but it's worth asking the supplier so that you can be sure or get your money back if itoes not come. Interstingy on the Croma (same engine, different pipe design) the pipe part number is shown under the radiator plumbing, while the pipe is shown but not numbered on the pump plumbing diagram. On the Bravo it's not shown on the radiator plunmbing diagram.
It's not cheap, about £250.
Interestingly its listed as the same pipe on a 1.4 turbo petrol if you want to look in scrap yards. Alternatively you could take the old one to a piipe fabricator or custon exhaust make an see what they would charge to make one.
646F8FFABA819D268AD4768F811ED0D7.png

HTH,
Robert G8RPI.

Back