Styling Can you fit...

Currently reading:
Styling Can you fit...

bloodline_89

Can you fit an arm rest to a fiat stilo 1.6 / 04 active sport

thanks

also anyone got any tinted lights

I've fitted an arm rest, took loads of pictures too, but its not to be taken lightly. You will HAVE TO, take alot of the centre console cubby hole away. Also you absolutely positively need the bracket to place underneath the centre console in order for the arm rest to screw in, otherwise it just wont be sturdy with the plastic bracket. I'd try and do a Guide but im not sure how.

You may also want to consider where the arm rest sits when you are driving. I have an armrest and its constantly in the up position because when it is down it catches on my arm as I am changing gear to the point where I just cant drive safely with it down. So aside from using it while sitting in a stationary car and storing my GPS in it, its not much use, just looks good I guess!

Sorry for the double post, just thought i'd get all this out the way while i could be bothered.

This is the bracket you will have, which lays under the centre console, its plastic and you cant bolt directly into it. I have tried and it was too flimsy

This is the metal Bracket you need, holes match up so you can fix it directly over the holes left by the plastic bracket. Baring in mind, the original fitting used pop rivets, you can do the same, or if you don't mind fiddling about try a short thick nut and bolt (as i did) though will take some time. There's just enough space to maneuver a bolt under and get it to screw in, though as i said, super fiddly, but will work once tightened if you don't have a pop rivet gun.

Once you've got the bracket in place you have to cut alot of the centre console cubby hole thingy (where the Arm rest goes) in order for it to seat properly, otherwise it just wont be firm, and the bolts wont reach into the metal bracket underneath. As you can see from the serrated edges i hacked quite a bit away.

Though make sure you get this cover, so that it makes it all nice and neat looking.

Finally, the hardest part is getting an arm rest that matches your interior! try and get it as close as possible or it does look a bit odd. Also, if you're really into making it a dynamic, you can get the vents and stuff for the rear blower thing that comes out the rear of the centre console while doing this. Probably best to take the whole Dynamic console though.

I hate my arm rest its pointless and was taken out of the later models because fiat did too.

I think i have a spare original one somewhere if you wanted to give it a try.

I hate my arm rest its pointless and was taken out of the later models because fiat did too.

I think i have a spare original one somewhere if you wanted to give it a try.

Dont think it was taken out but I can only speak about my 2007 model 150 Mjet which has a original armrest.

Last edited:
IIRC it was removed because people were having problems engaging the handbrake with it down (put it up?), they did away with the vents at that same time for "cost cutting" it could be specified tho. similar problem in the audi A3....tbh i would hate not having an arm rest, makes sitting in traffic and on motorways much more comfortable. just put it up if your going for a "spirited" drive...

thanks for everyones replies, in reflection this looks like to much work for an arm rest !

Back