General can someone tell me how to fix this ?

Currently reading:
General can someone tell me how to fix this ?

ilsonemo

Speed Camera Tester
i have recently bought a cinq sporting, since ive had it it always vibrates badly when i pull off in 1st gear, has anyone else had this problem and if so anyone no how to fix it :confused:

all help appreciated (y)

It's almost certainly the gearbox mount (AKA rear engine mount). It's on the passenger side on a pressed steel bracket that runs from the gearbox back to the footwell.

Easy job. Jack the car up on the passenger side, axle stand, support gearbox on jack, remove arm, remove mount, replace, replace. Only important bit is to put the mount in with the shiny side up (otherwise it will die within a month).

dont even have to do that! you can reach it from the passenger side. put the jack under the back of the engine. to take load of the mount. loosen the center bolt a little then remove the two 13mm(iirc) bolts. then lower the jack slowly and the engine will roll backwords a bit. then the mount can be pulled out (the center bolt dont need taking out while on the car as the plate is sloted). put the bolt onto the new mount and refit.

its a 15min job.... if that!

It's almost certainly the gearbox mount (AKA rear engine mount). It's on the passenger side on a pressed steel bracket that runs from the gearbox back to the footwell.

Easy job. Jack the car up on the passenger side, axle stand, support gearbox on jack, remove arm, remove mount, replace, replace. Only important bit is to put the mount in with the shiny side up (otherwise it will die within a month).

romove what arm ?

ill put my donor cinq on the ramps and take alook at that before i work on mine lol as its the only car left as my brava gone tits up as per usual

do it, really easy, the one i took of my donor cinq was in top notch condish, but the one i took of my running cinq was a total different story, anyway fitted it and it stop the vibrating, didnt get chance to doa guide today but i have my brothers to do soon so shall do it then

cheers

Mine failed during 2007, exhaust touching arb, annoying sound from it.

I just put the front on ramps, took weight of gearbox with a jack, removed the pressed steel mount that fits to the back of the diff casing, and the two bolts to floor pan area to the mount and removed whole thing from car.

seperated the mount from bracket on the floor, there is a possiblility that upon bolting back together that tightening the centre bolt up is never ending, [cos the nut on the top not accessible when bolted back to car, and it just spins] so I removed it all again, and welded the nut to the large washer, that sorted it, meaning I could tighten it really well.

put bracket and mount back to car, tighten up and release jack from gearbox, you may need jack and a long bar to help re-align things up.

its very easy overall, I got my mount from fluffy @ euro car parts [?] / "its cento time" [??] ebay shop, for a good price, and swift delivery

(y)

Last edited:
Back