Can Someone Help Me With Fitting 6x9 Speakers To My Fiat Punto MK1

Currently reading:
Can Someone Help Me With Fitting 6x9 Speakers To My Fiat Punto MK1

projectpunto

I recently bought some 6x9 speakers for my punto, however, the installation instructions are quite vague to say the least. They are Ministry Of Sound 6x9 speakers and i just wondered if anyone could possibly give me a step by step guide on how to fit them.

Thank you!

Puntoboy said:
Do you really need them? 6x9's are quite pooh.

Most people fit them into their parcel shelves.

Thats where im fitting them, i cant really afford anything bigger just yet, so thought id get these

projectpunto said:
lol sorry mate, i paid 24.99 for them
hmmmmmm ok,

well to fit them, your just need to cut holes in the parcel shelf, and put em in, and screw, really you dont need instructions! lol i fitted speakers in a parcel shelf when i was like 12, so i hope you dont need help! ;)

but really, you'd be better off taking em back and spending on better stuff, put money towards speaker pods and put speakers in there (y)

beau_4076 said:
hmmmmmm ok,

well to fit them, your just need to cut holes in the parcel shelf, and put em in, and screw, really you dont need instructions! lol i fitted speakers in a parcel shelf when i was like 12, so i hope you dont need help! ;)

but really, you'd be better off taking em back and spending on better stuff, put money towards speaker pods and put speakers in there (y)

There was holes already cut in the shelf, its just the wireing im haven trouble getting my head around.

projectpunto said:
There was holes already cut in the shelf, its just the wireing im haven trouble getting my head around.
oh right, well you see speakers either side of the parcel shelf, under the grill bits? and theres wires going to them, and a yellow block? pull the wire/yellow black from the speaker and it will come off, then depending on the speakers, the yellow block might go straight on the speaker terminals, or you might need to pull the yellow block off, and then there be 2 bits which slot on the terminals and simply slot em on, making sure the negative is on the negative and positive is on the positive

projectpunto said:
oh right, well you see speakers either side of the parcel shelf, under the grill bits? and theres wires going to them, and a yellow block? pull the wire/yellow black from the speaker and it will come off, then depending on the speakers, the yellow block might go straight on the speaker terminals, or you might need to pull the yellow block off, and then there be 2 bits which slot on the terminals and simply slot em on, making sure the negative is on the negative and positive is on the positive

projectpunto said:

but i would get rid of em!

beau_4076 said:

but i would get rid of em!

lol thanks mate, i will give it ago, and i will get rid of them at some point ...promiselol. Looks like there was some 6x9's in there before and no evidence of extra wireing so i will try that!

6x9's only sound crap if you havent mounted them properly.

Do it spot on, and it sounds phenomenal. I don't need to waste money on a sub, because my boot acts as the bass box.

My setup is:

JVC KDG 311 4x 50watt headunit

2x 40watt Alpine 8cm dash speakers

2 x 315watt Boss 6x9er's in parcel shelf

2 x Sony Xplod 140watt 10cm in rear speaker mounts

All running off the headunit and it sounds ****ing ace. Blows my home cinema system out of the water.:slayer:

fenton_jd said:
6x9's only sound crap if you havent mounted them properly.

Do it spot on, and it sounds phenomenal. I don't need to waste money on a sub, because my boot acts as the bass box.

My setup is:

JVC KDG 311 4x 50watt headunit

2x 40watt Alpine 8cm dash speakers

2 x 315watt Boss 6x9er's in parcel shelf

2 x Sony Xplod 140watt 10cm in rear speaker mounts

All running off the headunit and it sounds ****ing ace. Blows my home cinema system out of the water.:slayer:

how you running the 6 x 9's? did you split the wiring for the rear speakers between the sony components and them?

cash_123 said:
how you running the 6 x 9's? did you split the wiring for the rear speakers between the sony components and them?

Rear speaker connections are soldered to the 6x9s and the 10cms are wired in parralell from the 6x9's so that they get decent power.

I used to have a sub in there, but I preffer natural bass rather than forced base so I chucked it. Works better for different stuff I listen too.

When I get my Focus ST after winning the lottery, all the audio crap will go in the bin along with the punto.

Manufacturer spec is the future I tell ya(y)

Last edited:
Back