Styling Can i use standard bolts

Currently reading:
Styling Can i use standard bolts

michaelwil7

Hi hope some one can help me on this one. i've bought some new alloys but halfords have cocked up the order so i'm not getting the fitting kit until tue's and i'm running on a space saver spare wheel at the moment so was wondering if there's any reason i cant fit the alloys with the standard bolts already on the car please advise thanks.

Hi mate,

Whats the PCD of your new wheels? And did you have alloys on the car as standard or steelies?

Cheers,
Alan

pcd of the new wheels 4x98 which is right for the car and i've got steel wheels on there at the moment

The issue will be if the bolts will be long enough, as the alloy wheel bolts need to be slightly longer. You want them to be in a air few threads rather then just catch as otherwise you could have your wheel overtake you. This is however dependant on the alloys.

As you say the PCD is fine so its not a case of needing wobbly bolts.

Plus dont forget that you wont have an locking wheel nuts and you dont want some nob running off with your new shoes!

Alan

i've bought locking wheel nuts as well and they've turned up so i'll be using them as well. so if the standard nuts are as long as the locking nuts they should be fine for a couple of days until the fitting kit arrives is that about right, and whats the deal with the spigot rings

Last edited:
yeh fair enough but like i said i'm currently using the space saver spare so it's a toss up not suposed to be doing much mileage on it

ripspeed mondello's what you think?

Attachments

• 918425.jpeg
    918425.jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 99
went for 15's cause i didn't want any problems fitting them and think they look big enough for the car

Back